Dear all,

I discovered this forum while looking for some tips regarding a problem I have encountered recently. I have been using an eye cream for a couple of months. It is an organic cream from USA. I will not reveal the brand because this is not a review but a question. I have been using moisturizers for the face and eye areas for several years and the last few years I use only organic products. I like eye creams because as I am a 42 years old man from a sun drenched country I have expressions lines and crow's feet and I find that although an eye cream cannot diminish these signs of aging, it can however soften them up. When I first started using this problematic eye cream a couple of months ago I felt that it was a bit heavy because when I was washing I could feel a moisturizing film under my eyes as if the cream was never absorbed during all the hours I had it on. My regime of facial care is quite simple: wash morning and night and moisturize. The last few weeks while applying my moisturizers I have noticed that the under eye skin seemed less elastic and many small wrinkles appeared. Then yesterday I realized that starting from the inner corner of the eye area there have been developed tiny perl like bumps under the skin. They are not horrible or very visible but my point is that these bumps were not there before this last eye cream. Since last night I stopped using the eye cream and plan to wait for a while and see if the skin calms down before I start again using an other eye cream. My main question is if anyone knows what to do to get rid of these bumps and help my under eye skin area to recover. Then, is it correct to use an eye cream morning and night? I currently live in a cold climate; is a heavy eye cream a good anti-aging and moisturizing solution? Many thanks in advance!

I think the tiny pearl like bumps you described are milia (milk spots). If they only occurred with this eyecream then i believe this is the cause, I would defiantly advise you to never use it again as your skin is disagreeing with it, it is way too heavy and causing the pores to get clogged, therefore throw it or give it away. I would suggest when you wash your face you cleanse under the eye to reduce the milia and don't moisturise that area for a while and then every other day. Eye cream is best used at night before bed as your skin absorbs and regenerates better at this time. The consistency of an eyecream does not define how moisturising it is, in actual fact i believe thinner, gel almost serum like consistency is better as it doesn't just sit on the skin but gets absorbed easily. To ensure you are getting what you need in an eye cream make sure it states it is anti-aging, and because (i'm guessing) you like organic products I would suggest getting an eye cream from The Body Shop, prices are reasonable and usually organic :) hope this helps.

Thank you teatree!