New Reply New Topic Followed by 57 people

since I was a little kid I would get these really strange 'feelings' in my brain. They were quite frequent when I was younger but only happens about twice a year now (22 years old)

It's a really difficult thing to explain but I will try my best because I really want to know what causes it.
When I was younger I used to call it the 'fast feeling' - its a sensation that everything around me is moving at an incredible speed - however I can see that things aren't moving fast - I can process that thought - but what I get is a sense/feeling of a huge adrenalin rush. If people talk to me I can see and process they are talking normally but my head sends out signals to my brain that makes it 'feel' like they are talking with a sense of urgency.

I guess it feels like a shot of adrenalin in my head - but I don't physically feel energised - my heart doesn't beat faster, I don't move or act with any more urgency - it's like a battle between conscious and subconscious.

I'm not worried about it - like I said it doesn't happen very often and, if I try and get rid of it, lasts no more than 5 mins - I'm just curious to know if anyone else has come across such a thing.

I also get that feeling, your own voice in you head sounds quite urgent as well, even though you feel absolutely fine.

weird - I used to get it when younger and get it very occasionally now too. I agree not a problem, hardly ever happens and does wear off quick.

I get this! Ive been loking online for years and years...

When I was younger it happened very frequently, but not so much now (much like yourself).

I used to get it after a certain nightmare. Ive never been able to explain what happens in the nightmare...its more of a feeling inside than something actually happening in my dream...but then I would wake up and have this feeling for minutes...hours....sometimes days. I would find it very hard to shake off...and sometimes even when it stopped, all i'd have to do is think about it and it would come back.

I could be doing normal things and it felt like it was happening at a million miles an hour. like i was rushing everything. I'd ask people around me if I seemed different or if it looked like I was rushing around and they would say no and that I seem normal...

Small things like sending a text, writing, reading...it would feel like my hands, my eyes, everything was moving quickly. but of course, it wasnt.

Ive never come across anyone else that has had this. It made life hell when I was younger and really scared me.

I can't believe other people have felt this as well. I know exactly how you all feel. When I was a kid I would feel like I was talking, moving, or other people were moving and talking at rapid speeds; however, everything actually was at a normal rate. It stopped occuring when I was in high school and only happens now maybe once a year at the most ( I am currently 24). It was the strangest feeling and it wasn't until recently that I decided to look into it. I knew it was strange when I was younger but I never knew what to do about it. I never even told anyone because it would have been too hard to explain. If anyone finds anything about it make sure to pass along any information. I will make sure to as well.

This same thing has been happening to me periodically for many years (I'm 21). It is also normally accompanied by things appearing to be very small or distant... things like the clock next to my bed as I'm trying to go to sleep. I've always been curious about an explanation for this... I hope someone has one!

Exact thing started happening to me when i was younger and started happening recently too. is very bizarre and really annoying. i know exactly what it is you're all saying, i just wish we knew the reason behind it.

If anyone finds out please let us all know

HI ,
I was searching for a friend of mine and when I read to her this forum she was so excited because this happens to her.

She told me that all of a sudden people are talking faster and everything is moving fast and she feels like she is getting smaller. Then it stops

OK well I have done a lot of searching and one thing that I found that is closest to this is called Alice In Wonderland syndrome(AIWS) or Micropsia

To me it seems like some kind of partial seizure , they said it can be caused by maybe a head injury, epilepsy, or from Epstein Barr virus (infectious mononucleosis)

i jsut had one

im 17 and i get them very frequently

i just started crying because i have no clue what is wrong with me
last time i went to the e.r and they wanted me to see a neurologist but i lack insurance.

please contact me if you find anything out

I'm another one - been happening for a while (since I was young I mean) and just happened at work - I find it hard to believe it's anything dangerous since it's been happening all my life with seemingly no repurcussions - but also very curious what causes it - I always assumed it was either a caffeine rush, or an adrenaline rush of sorts - never been able to find anything online about it - really odd.

I also get this... but it's to do with low blood sugar. It's linked with hypoglycemia which I also happen to have :-)

Im really pumped right now that someone knows what this is like.
Ive been referring to it as 'going crazy in my head'

Im interested in knowing much more about this.

I get this to - feeling of moving fast, objects looking far away - I've never heard of anyone else getting this until now - I always thought it was just me losing my mind or something. I got it alot when I was younger, around the age of 8 - 12 years old and it used to scare the hell out of me. I also experienced what I can only describe as a fast, loud noise in my head, like my thoughts were racing through my mind - did anyone else experience this?

I still get it now at 22 yrs old, but only once every 6 months or so (I had it the other night which is why I decided to look it up!). So glad (and relieved) to hear im not the only person who gets this!

I'm psyched that I finally found other people who feel like this. I just now got the feeling just out of nowhere for the first time in several years. Sometimes it feels like this as I'm trying to go to sleep but this is the first time in the daytime that I've felt it in a VERY long time. I hate it, but it interests me so much I enjoy it almost. It's a very weird feeling. Any information on what it is or why it happens would be greatly appreciated.

I used to get this alot as a child, though it hasn't happened in a couple years(I'm 20 now). I've never been able to explain it very well, at like 6 I referred to it as running fast in my head. It's nice that I'm not alone, but does anyone know what it is caused by and why it's happened to us? That's what I've been trying to find out.

wow, first time i've really looked this up or told anyone about it, i used to get it all the time when i was a kid, now i'm 20 years old and i've had it happen 2 times in the last week, i really would love to know what causes this, because its really a strange feeling and hard to describe, its just that everything seems to be happening so fast.