I have painful urethral burning during ovulation and a few days before my period. I'm not able to have intercourse during these times due to the pain. I do not have an UTI.  I have had cystoscopies that have been negative.  I'm on an antibiotic, macrobid to help control the symptoms but doesn't take the pain away. Usually ice, a lot of water, and laying down is the only way to control the symptoms but the burning lasts for several days, all day long.  I've been dealing with this for over a year and my OB/GYN and Urologists don't have any answers for me.  It seems to be hormone related??  Does anyone have this problem and what did you do to cure it??

I know this was posted a few months ago, but I saw no one answered. I have very similar symptoms, also had a cysto showing absolutely nothing. This month it has been going on for 4 days now. I'm sitting on the toilet constantly, leaky, and lots of clear discharge that I should only get on ovulation day (not for a week strait). I have a Rx for oxybutinin but it certainly isn't helping. All I can ever do is wait for the hormones  to clear. Bummer. Anyway, just wanted to mention that you aren't the only one :/

i've had this problem for possibly over a year now. i don't know what to do and haven't talked to a doctor about it...partly because i'm afraid. i'm only 14 and am a virgin...so i'm totally scared. but it does always come on and off between ovulation and my period. the only two good weeks i have are after my period and before ovulation. i guess i should talk to my doctor. ....

Are you taking some vitamin supplements? I noticed that this happened to me when I was taking a 3 vitamin pills prescribed by the doc.

Are you still on here? I have the exact same symptoms. Any luck?

This happens to me too...I've gone many times to doctors and most times I don't have a uti even though I thought I did...though surprisingly have cranberry pills helps ebb the pain for me....I use nature bounty....it says 2 pills 3 times a day...but I take 4 in the morning and then 2 or another 4 at night to help. And the pain seems much more manageable to me...and if I'm more regular (6pills a day) with the pills I hardly have any burning sensations....this works for me...if you haven't tried it yet...try it out

Ugh! Meeee too. During ovulation and my period I am literally on fire! I find that Monostat cream relieves the pain. Doctors are zero help. Also take lots of high quality probiotics and yogurt. Feel better!!!

I Am so glad I found this ,I also have burning ,Dr has looked at me like she is puzzled and has no clue what it is ,mine happens during 3-4 days of ovulation time ,feels like I and urinating acid .I am 46 is this part of pre menopause ,I have had urine samples nothing show a UTI ,thought it was yeast ,the cream help a little ,but I was wondering if maybe the pill is causing it are any of you on Sprintec ?

You may want to talk to your Dr. about interstitial cystitis.

Any luck for anyone yet?

It's definitely a symptom of peri-menopause. I'm in that phase as well and since our hormones are off kilter, either too high or too low during ovulation, it tends to irritate the organs in our abdomen. So, part of the intestines and bladder becomes inflamed (feels like UTI), but only lasts about 3-4 days. It's not fun at all. Basically, the only thing to do is either get on birth control or have a hysterectomy. Neither of which I want to do, so I'll bear with it.

Wow. Yes this has been me for about a year now. It's like I literally have fire down there. It mocks the uti symptoms bc it feels like a burning sensation with frequent urination. But the burning is so horrible. Feels like acid in my insides of my pelvis. Glad I'm not alone. I'm ovulating right now and currently experiencing all of This. Advil helps and staying hydrated and a heat pad over pelvis. Stay strong ladies.