I.ve tried it for severe cramps and it works, everyone laughs at me but I don.t care one little bit, I now am cramp free.

it worked for me but i put it in a bandageon my knee slept better than i have for years with no pain

Someone suggested this and man oh man, am I glad she told me ! I've assumed my mattress and I just don't 'click'. I'd wake up and think 'oh great. Time I move - ouch' NOT ANY MORE !
Dove under the sheet, a bit past me feet. Can't explain how that helps but it sure does.

It's personal preference thou I have gotten better results with it off.

I understand the magnesium in the bar of soap is what helps leg cramps.

Doesn't matter which brand its the chemical in the soap bar. But it works like a charm!

My mom used it on me as a kid during my growth spurts and it worked magic! She only used Ivory. I just bought a couple of bars for my restless legs syndrome and will try tonight. If it works as good as with my growth spurts, it will change my nights for the best.

Iv had atotel knee replacement. 3 ops so damage thr big time . ...but aft id cramp .at 1 am big time i thr how can i stop this pain with out a Dr . Looked on phone net . Soap in bed nxt to it . Now im not one for these daft things but my pain was huge .id nothing left but try anything to stop it pain stopped with in a min . ...that was 2 yrs ago . Not had it back at ngt since . Yes iv had a few laughs but then theyr not in pain as i was to try anything to damwell stop it . IT WORKS EVEN PASSED THIS ON TO NURSES N DRS WHO ALSO SUFFER WITH IT . THEYV FOR GOTTEN THEYD HAD IT . AS THEY JUST MAKE BED N POP A BAR OF SOAP IN IT . UNDER SHEETS OR AS I DO IN A CLEAN SOCK. I THINK IT FREELY LETS BLOOD FLO MORE . DONT USE DOVE SOAP AS IT s BEEN TAKEN AWAY .THE THING NEEDed TO HELP US ALL . AND CHANGE BAR EH 3 MONTHS or in a sock roll it around in sock to make shavings of bar new again. .soap can still be used .as soap .
. Whats to lose . It will work im not on my own i didnt beleave it would ....2 yrs down the line im laughing to as not a leg cramp or movements of feet . All gone with lvy lvy bar of soap .any soap . But not dove . That wont work .

I would say yes because of the absorption.

Shining Star

I had horrible leg cramps after the second trimester of my pregnancy. Almost every night. My aunt told me about placing bar of soap next to my legs and it helped for a few days :) Interesting though... 

I had a lot of pain in my left thigh all
Night. I didn't matter which way I laid. I read about using Soap and someone said they used Irish Spring. I didn't notice much the first night, but morning after the 2nd nnight, I realized I didn't have any pain all night!! Tonight I'm adding a bar of lavender soap.

Can't answer the question... however nerve synapses work on sodium and potassium channels. The exchange signals a spark...

There does seem to be what is called a placebo effect where users indicate that it has helped for example night cramps.
It could also be that if you place the bar of soap close to the cramping or painful area it's unlikely that you will move onto that area during your sleep.
Whilst I am septal of any real theraputic action, but try it and see if it works for you then it doesn't really matter what others say