New Reply New Topic Followed by 20 people

I have severe sight threatening Uveitis, have already had the resert implants and am still on predisone to boot. does anyone know of any other type of remedy that is available? I was diagnosed 8 months ago and am continually getting worse, they have not uncovered the underlying cause. My doctor is great but there must be a better way.

HI

Me too suffering from uveitis for the past 4 years. I took cataract surgery too. I was under continous treatment for these years. But no use. Then i looked at homeopathy. I had good improvement. I recently underwent marriage. In that i stopped taking homeopathy medicines for two weeks. Now am back with pain. Anyway i suggest you to take homeopathy. If u are lucky u may me cured permanently

I also have had Uveitis off and on since a trip out of the country caused me to have a fungal or bacterial infection in my small intestines.
After much reading, I found that caffeine and sugar make the symptoms worse. I have cut out both, and my uveitis is gone. It is associated with auto-immune diseases, so take your vitamins especially ones that help get rid of free radicals (vitamin C & E). Watch your diet....

Hello ,I'm also suffering from uveitis for the last 2 years.I'm still using FML.The root cause is still unknown.
What I would like to know is where can I get homeopathy medicines?Are there any side effects?

I also just had a relapse of uveitis after 10 years; this after a recent lasik eye surgery. Ten years ago my recurring uveitis was cured by a steroid injection into the problematic eye (prior to that I used eyedrops (predisone), which helped until I stopped - then I would have a relapse). I will try to sleep more hours during the night so I don't have to drink coffee during the day to keep awake and see what happens. At the moment I'm on Pred Forte, after which I'll be on FML. Has anyone tried Eyebright from Phyto Force (Homeopath)?

I also just had a relapse of uveitis after 10 years; this after a recent lasik eye surgery. Ten years ago my recurring uveitis was cured by a steroid injection into the problematic eye. Prior to that I used eyedrops (predisone), which would help until I stopped the drops - then I would have a relapse.
I will try to sleep more hours during the night so I don't have to drink coffee during the day to keep awake, and see what happens. At the moment I'm on Pred Forte, after which I'll be on FML. Has anyone tried Eyebright from Phyto Force (Homeopath) or ginkgo biloba?

My mom has been suffering from Uveitis for the past 6 years. She's been on the drops for a while but it keeps coming back. 
Has anybody found homeopathic solutions for this. She just stopped drinking coffee, hopefully that will help.

What about smoking, do you think that would have an effect?

Any information is much appreciated.

Guest wrote:

My son had uveitis since he was 3 years old, but finally after seven years

fighting the illness we found the cure.

Searching for the cure, we went into Homeopath Medicine (in another country, its relieves but does not cure), we saw uncountable doctors in different states of America, and treated my son with things like:

Constant eyes drops, blood tests, laser treatment, and steroid eyes injections. In addition to dealing with the uveitis and severe treatments, he had side effects like photophobia, glaucoma, and total blindness due to cataracts and surgeries.

I want to share with all of you how I found the cure. Before trying anything, I suggest you to consult with your doctor, to see if the treatment is good for you! The treatment was provided by a Pediatric Rheumatologist along with his ophthalmologist. It consisted in shutting down the immune system, (The body reacts to the constant use of the eyes drops, making the immune system not able to recognize the illness, and the body continuously fights against the drops. As a consequence the drops were not able to do their job and help cure him.) It’s very dangerous and risky, because the patient might die from a simple cold, but it was the only treatment we found that could cure him. It consisted of a weekly pill, which increased (by one) every week until he consumed 10 of them. We visited the Pediatric Rheumatologist every week making general blood and urine tests. We also continued to see the ophthalmologist who provided the eye drops.

My son took up to six pills, when his skin started to turn yellow, and the Doctor decided to stop the pills. He said it was enough because it was affecting his liver. A week passed by and his vision was getting better, there was no more redness and the finally, after 2 months of being treated by this Pediatric Rheumatologist along with the ophthalmologist, the uveitis was cured, something doctors had been trying to cure my son of for seven years. Thank God and thank the doctors!

As a normal side effect of all the treatment, he developed cataract in both eyes, which was removed. However, because of all the commotion going on in his eyes, the doctor decided not to put the implant in order to let the body to rest. Now my lovely son is 20 years old and he still needs his implant in order to see with out his prescription glasses, but we rather prefer to leave his eyes alone, and not take the risk of “Opening a can of worms.”

I hope you all, find the cure for this terrible illness, and I suggest you stay away from all the toxoplasmosis.

Thanks for listening,

Rosa Vitureira

New Jearsy 2011

Guest who posted on 5/14/2011 about your son, what type of pills were you referring to in your post? You said that it shut down the immune system, but never said what the pills were called. I have been struggling with uveitis for 15 years and would really like to get rid of it before it permanently takes my eyesight. I would like to ask my rheumatologist about the medication that helped your son. Could you please tell me what it is called?

PLEASE READ, THIS MIGHT BE THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!!!

Please see my message of 5 months ago (From being through steroid injection in the eye 10 years ago and being cured of uveitis during that period to recently doing lasik eye surgery and having a recurrence of uveitis). After lasik eye surgery I was on Predforte, then FML and the problem didn't seem to go away. During my last bottle of FML, I decided to follow the advice posted 7/27/09: I still drank coffee but with less sugar, Vitamin C and E daily. Guess what!! After I finished the course (FML), I have been without uveitis for over 4 months now.... Try this and let me know what happens.

K I HAVE  CHRONIC INTERMEDIAT UVEITIS FOR 6 YEARS NOW, BLINDING, IVE BEEN ON IMMUNO SUPRESSANTS FOR FOUR YEARS NOW, AND I FOUND ONLY DOWNSIZIG, RELAXING, SLEEPING MORE , ORGANIC DIET, ALOT LESS MEATS ,PROCESSED FOODS, JUICING APPLES CELERI GINGER,BEETS, EVERYDAY  ALOT EAT GINGER ROSEMARY  GAW GARLIC ALL ANTI INFLAMATORY FOODS HERBS SPICES ,CURCUMMING,TUMERIC,

AND I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH ALKALINE YOUR BODY, KAGEN WATER OR SELF HOME RECEIPES, IS THE ONLY THING AFTER 6 BRUTAL BLINDING YEARS OF INJECTIONS DROPS SURGERYS, CHEOMOTHERAPY,

ALKALINE YOUR BODY, AND REISHI MUSHROOMS, ,,

IN MY OPINION WE ARE EITHER INFECTED WITH A VIRUS OR A PARASITE...

Can you please tell us what were the pills prescribed to your son?My husband is suffering from uveitis for a couple of months please help us..

i personaly am on cyclosporine, shuts down the immune system,
chemo in a box, pill form you take at home, its the only thing that works for me

hi sir,
            i am lingachary age about 26 years from hyderabad,Andhra pradesh..when i was child i had rheumatology arthrities problem.

Am suffering from uveitis(AUTO IMMUNITY) for the past 6 years. I took cataract surgery too. I was under continous treatment for these years. But no use. Then i looked at ayurvedic. I had not satisfied with that treatment. 

i am still going with prdnisolone 20mg but sometimes i tampering with those medicine upto 5mg..at the same time am using predfort drops and cyclopent eye drops..By using all these drugs i have got gas trouble recently..i have been searching for medicine in you tube so i suddenly  watched your video that time i felt very happy...thats why am sending my medical reports 2 you sir.I hope, i will get suggestions from you as soon as possible..after getting my documents please send any information regarding my uveitis problem.

thanking you, sir.

Linga Charry J wrote:

hi sir,

thanking you, sir.

Hi hun ive been suffering with intermediat uveitis for 7 years, and found that if you ALKALINE your body and clean your gut, stay away from red meat, eat raw vegetables, fruits,nuts,ect. as much as you can, take nopalea cactus juice, tons of fish oil and peroxide!! ya do your research, ive manage to cut my chemo in half and am doing good, i do stil take cyclosporine, and had catarac implant as well,cuz i was legaly blind.. i stay away from pred side effects are brutal,,,but am finding that natural cures are working to help me.:)
cleo & kongo from niagara falls canada