My brother was diagnosed bad stomach infection, caused by certain worms. I think that it is roundworm infection called ascariasis. He has to take vermox that is very strong antibiotic I guess. I can not imagine that he has that live worms in his intestine, but I hope that this medication is effective against parasites. Please tell me how does it work and can it cure this infection completely. Thanks.

Vermox is used in treatment of certain parasitic infections, like roundworms, whipworms and hookworms are. It interferes with worms proteins and disables them to absorb food, so that lead to death of worms that happen within few days. Vermox is generically called mebendazole and belongs to a group of antibiotics that are indicated in treatment of parasitic infections. I believe that it looks more picturesque in your imagination, that it is real situation in infected tissue. I hope that your brother will get well soon.