I am 19 years old. For the past four days I have had very sensitive nipples and they have been erect. I don't know what to think of it. I am sexually active but it would be to soon to find out if I was pregnant. I don't know what to think. There is no discharge, I am not breast feeding, no itching or flaking and no lumps. And this isn't in relation to my period. I've already had my period started on the 24th of November. But the last time I had sex was on the 1st of Dec. Do you have any advice as to what this could be caused by? I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Hello, HugglesofCuddles.

Usually your breasts do get kind of sensitive while on your period, and your stomach swells, Other than that I reccomend you take a pregnancy test.

Someone might post more experianced advice, so keep checking back in this post.

All the best,
Shane x

huggles&cuddles
did u ever find out and answer to your question? I'm having the same symptoms

I'm also 19 and experiencing the same thing

Also 19. Same problem. I'm freaking out that I might be pregnant. Did you ever find out what it was????

I'm having the same thing.... Also 19.... Would it be possible that it's the bra i'm wearing? The bra has a line that goes right over the nipple... My boyfriend believes it is my bra.... Any ideas ??????

Very sensitive nipples can be an indication that you are pregnant although there are other symptoms so just bear in mind that just because you have sensitive nipples does not mean that you are going to get pregnant. In either case, it might be a good idea if you have engaged in any behavior that would lead to it to get a pregnancy test. Keep us posted on what happens!

I would like to know the answer to this 2 please. My boobs have been sore now for a month off and on and my nipple become really sensitive.
I'm 19 and sexually active. I had my period last month and am sure pregnancy signs don't appear till 8 weeks.

When ever my nipples become erect they become extra sensitive, the shower water even hurts them and then there are times when I get this burning feeling.

Um I also have had a nauseating feeling during the day at random times but never in the morning. I particularly get it after i eat.

and sometimes when I wake up I get feel really heavy and weak can anyone tell me if i have some sort of flu or somthing...

Did anyone ever find out the answer??? im 18 and am experiencing the exact same symptoms!!!!! help

Most likely you are pregnant. From my experience of having a 2yr old thats how i felt during the first few months

I have been experiencing ongoing hard sensitive and enlarged nipples for about three days took a pregnancy test but it was negative. Through research on the web I found that this could be caused from stopping smoking marijuana... I quit about 7 days ago and this may mess with your horomones. I hope this helps :-)

Guest wrote:

I was not aware of the estrogen and marijuana connection, so thanks for clarifying that point for me. Have you taken a followup pregnancy test to make sure that you're not pregnant for certain? Please let me know!

hi guys i am 14 .. feeling really sensitive and its only to touch them ...
i am not sexually active but i have been told it may be because your breasts are growing ?
am not sure but hope this might help a bit .

Guest wrote:

My assumption is that the tingling that you are feeling is based on them growing. You can also have tender breasts from menstruating, so that's also a possibility. How frequently does this happen?

did any of you girls end up being pregnant?