Hi, I have heard of vitamin B12 injections being effective in weight loss program. Has anybody tried it or has any relevant information?

Hi, actually there is no evidence that vitamin B-12 in any form stimulates weight loss. Some studies suggest that people who took a number of different supplements, like multivitamins gained weight more slowly. But, people who are aware enough of health issues and take dietary supplements are probably also taking care of how much they eat too. You can take some supplements to stimulate fat burning and speed up metabolism. Try to regulate your diet permanently and not to go from one diet to another, with periods between to eat as much as you want and whatever you want.

I have been in the b12 injection program and had lost little at a time weight. but my main question is I have been injecting my self with b12 everyday is this correct? or can I just take a shot once a week or even once a month?

lorena wrote:

you are only supposed to have a monthly injection of b12

B-12 stimulates your energy levels. Therefore, you are more apt to be more energetic, and eat less carbs. Since we tank on carbs when tired or fatigued. Think about that 3 pm candy bar. Do better with a handful of almonds and one or two hershey kisses. And lots of water with lemon.
Walking energizes the nervous system the same way b-12 does. Try the endorphens as well as taking a B vitamin daily.

what are the bad side effects of b=12? i found out 3 days ago my b-12 level was 170 so i been getting injections once a day for a week and then it will go to once a week for a month. As you can assume i have felt like c**p for months now, when i learned the symptoms of low b12 it all made sense to me. They want to learn why i am not storing b-12 so i have some exams coming up. But i have been going to the bathroom a lot(#2).. plus a change in color ... The nurse said not to worry but you kind of have to?

lorena wrote:

Can you email me on this , of how you gave yourself injections, I am going to be giving myself them and would like to know your proceedure. ******** Thanks

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

i am weaning my 7 month old baby (so i am gradually reducing breastfeeding). Is it ok to take the injections?

Guest wrote:

lorena wrote:

I get injections every 4 days, and I have lost weight, with excersize and amino acids, along with healthy meats such as fish and Chicken and veggies, if you are trying to loose weight you can eat anything white, rice, patatoes, bread, pasta none of it...... No carrots they turn to sugar, no juices, fresh steamed veggies. Lots of water, the shots help only with energy and inches..

I have been on the B6 & B12 injections for 2 months and have lost 30 pounds! I also take multivitamins (swiss one 50) and a Micro K potassium capsules with a reduced calorie intake and no dairy and no fat and severly reduced carbs. The diet is the Dr. Bernstein Diet, the injections cost $150.66/week, that is excluding the medication you take and excluding the healthy fresh fruit & vegetables and certain meats you still have to buy!

how much are you suppose to inject once a month?

lorena wrote:

i just started my b12 injections last week..they said i have to have 1 a week for 8 weeks..then 1 every other week for 4 weeks then one a month from then on..the shot does hurt and its a little pressure when the medicine goes in..im not doing it to lose weight..i hope i dont lose weight i only weigh 96 lbs as it is....

marja wrote:

YES I HAVE BEEN ON A WEIGHT LOSS PLAN AND I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS. SO FAR I HAVE DROPPED 40 POUNDS WITHIN THE LAST 6MONTHS. ON AND OFF WASNT TOO CONCURENT, BUT I WOULD VISIT MY DOCTOR AND HE WOULD GIVE THE B12 INJECTION ALONG WITH THE DIET PILLS PHENTERMINE, THE B12 INJECTION IS JUS TO GIVE U ENERGY ALONG WITH THE PILL THATS AN APPETITE SUPPRESANT,IN CONJUNCTION WITH DIET AND EXCERSISE, ONCE A WEEK AT LEAST. UR GUARANTEED TO HAVE GREAT SUCCESS.

A C V wrote:

Wow, folks...this can be confusing,huh? My doc already has me injecting Byetta twice a day to regulate my glucose levels, and now he prescribed B12 injections at home, too. The schedule he gave me was every day for a week, every other day for a week, twice a week and hold there to see how I feel. He thinks this will be the sweet spot for dosing. I got a vial holding about a year's worth of B12 and it cost me 72 cents! Gotta love it! Of course the syringes cost almost 20 bucks for 30, but whoopee...I'll take it if the medicine is that cheap! I do love my doc, though! I've lost 18 pounds in four weeks.

i have been given b12 injections by my doc and it does work i've lost 15lbs in 1 month and i still ate mcdonalds and lost that weight