Ok, maybe this is my problem too. Not sure. For about 6 years now, I've had a periodic reaction to seafood. Not just shell fish or a creation type of fish, and not all the time either. I don't always drink a glass of wine with dinner but often; at least when ai'm at a restaurant anyway. I've found that the common denominator is restaurant food. This is what happens... Like clockwork, about 3 1/2 hours after eating seafood at a restaurant, I get violently ill and begin to vomit. It may last 30 to 60 minutes, until there is nothing left in my stomach. Think is... It would only happen with about 20-30% of the seafood dinners I ate at restaurants. And never at some of the restaurants. I would never get sick from seafood at the Outback steakhouses or at my country club. I've noe totally quit eating seafood because it's not worth the risk. I'm honking it's a newer chemical used in the handling or seasoning of seafood in some restaurants. Or may e even some leaning product used by one or more seafood suppliers. I'm not always drinking when it happens. And it has only happened once when cooking fish at home. I went to a Gastro-intestinal doctor who scoped and tested my stomach. She did find that I had a couple stomach ulcers but nothing else. Perhaps the ulcers made me more sensitive to "whatever". Who knows, but they're gone now so I tried just 1 little seafood taco last week (at a restaurant of course) , and again, like clockwork, 3 1/2 hours later I was hanging over the toilet spilling my guts. I feel ok a few hours later. Help!!! I always loved seafood!!

Hi T Wilde,

I do believe that you are allergic to seafood.  You need to stay away from it as anytime you are eating you throw up and who knows what else it is doing to your insides. 

Hope this helps

Yes, I shouldn't eat seafood at all now. It's just so weird that it makes me sick only about 20% of the time, and it's been restaurant seafood every time with the exception of once. That's why I suspect a chemical used in cleaning the seafood at restaurants, or perhaps a newer food additive used by seafood suppliers or restaurants. I may never find out, but heaven forbid it turns out to be a newer food additive that becomes popular in other foods!

Yeah, no kidding we don't need anymore food additives - we have enough already! I have a very sensitive gut system as well as I have Celiac disease so I get symptoms too if I by accident ingest wheat or its cousins. So I do understand the frustration of not knowing why.