Hey people,

I'm a 16 year old male looking to reduce body fat and get some muscles. Now I've heard from my dad that weight lifting stunts growth. I'm my dad's height right now which is 175 cm. So instead of lifting dumbbells, I started doing bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, pull-ups, bench dips, supermans etc. Recently, about 4-5 months ago, my dad consented to let me use the dumbbell bars without the weight discs. These bars weight about 1.5 kilos each. I can now do 40 reps of bicep curls, 30 reps of tricep extensions, 20 reps of lat pulldowns and 15 reps of weighted squats. I want to increase my muscle mas by using the weight discs which weigh 1 kg each. This makes the dumbbells weigh 3.5 kg.

I want to know if it's okay for me to start using them. 

Hi I'm 17 and Yes its fine to start with weight disks becouse you have that extra bit of fat that needs to change into mucle but make shore you don't over do yourself and hurt yourself I'm curetly sitting on 130kg bench press,30kg dumbel curles and its working great I'm getting stronger so I recomend get started with weights