New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

so i have been having different symptoms for a while now, every time i see a doctor they say i am alright.

for past month or so i have been having weird feeling in my head, it last for a few seconds and then usually goes to another part of my head, last a few seconds, it might last all together a few minutes, then stops till the next time. i also have some pain either in my eyes or behind, shortness of breath, and sometimes a feeling like a pulled muscle in my back.

i am afraid it is cancer, is there anything else it could be?

You say a weird feeling but you never explained what sort of weird feeling? Is it pain, dizziness, you feel as if you are not there or that what is happening is not affecting you or you kind understand. How long does the feeling last?

It is highly unlikely cancer but it could be something else, also serious.

Tell me, please, what kind of doctors you saw, and what kind of tests you had!

It would be also good if you explained the exact feeling, when it usually happens, if anything aggravates it and anything else that you find appropriate or related to the problem.
I think you need to see either a psychiatrist or neurologist. These kind of doctors could help you the most. However, I don’t know if you need a referral from your GP. How old are you anyway?

the pain is like something stabbing me in my head,but is gentle not very painful, it last for few seconds then moves to somewhere else, and same thing. weird but like someone is poking me with stick..

i have seen just family doctor in walk in clinic, waiting for my app with my family doctor

happens anytime during the day, no specific time, sometimes a lot one day, not much the next day

The only thing that comes to my mind is a migraine but they usually last for at least 4 hours up to a couple of days.
Can you anticipate the situation the pain would appear? You never said how old you were, so…..migraines could appear in infants as well but usually start at the age of ten or 40 and are more common in women than in men. Symptoms may differ a little bit in adolescents and adults. In adolescents and children, the pain/headache appears on both sides while adults may feel it in either one or both sides.

Usually, a person can feel that the migraine is coming. A child or an adolescent may start yawning, become sleepy, start craving for chocolates, sugar, bananas. Adults experience similar ‘warning’ signs.

Migraines are not limited just to headaches; they may cause a whole lot of other symptoms like pulsating or throbbing head-pain, sensitivity to light and sound, nausea with/out vomiting, pain that worsens with physical activity, lightheadedness, etc

Do you have a family history of migraines?

A doc may decide to perform a vision test, CT head scan, MRI to look at your internal organs and brain to rule out any underlying condition.

Did you have an appointment with your family doc again? Any news?

Hi, I was looking for some help regarding a strange pain in my head, and found this site. I also have a pulsing type pain in my left side of my head, about 2 inches behind my ear. The area of pain is about one square inch and it comes and goes. This pain started in the morning and it lasts only about few seconds and goes away for few minutes after which it resumes. It sort of echos like small waves, so it would cover an area of one to two square inches. Today the pain has been going on for about six hours intermittently. I took a nap thinking that this could solve the problem, but it did not help. In addition, if I press hard enough on that area of my head it feels a bit tender on the exterior.
Thank you for your time.

your crown chakra is open
be blessed

Hi everyone
I have this weird feeling in my head, above my ear it is like a pulsing or a pushing feeling and when i move my head i feel it and i also feel it when i dont move my head, i have had this for 1-2 weeks, also im 13.

Michael J.

The feeling stopped. :-)

Hi. I am new to this site. I wondered if anyone us experienced this. A couple of months ago i had a buzzing feeling in the top of my foot, it lasted about 3 weeks coming and going, i am now getting the same buzzing feeling in the back of my head it lasts a few secs stops and starts again been a couple of days now. I also have headaches about 3/4 times a day.
I am grateful for any advice.

Gill x

Wohoo someone else has weird feeling in their head! well not exactly sure if its the same feeling. I get this weird feeling every so often in the back of my head, it doesn't hurt at all, just feels weird. You know the feeling when you have an empty stomach and air moves around. Its kind of the same but very acute, like a squeeze, i definitely feel it a bit too but still its just so hard to describe. Lasts a couple of seconds then goes away. Sometimes happens a few times a day, sometimes more sometimes none at all. If it happens and i move my head suddenly it doesn't make any difference. Sometimes if i stretch the back of my neck i kind of get the same feeling but i cant figure out whether it is the same area or not. Does any of this ring a bell?

Hello, I've been reading these posts as i am in the middle of an 8 month odyssey to try and figure out what I am going through. I was diagnosed with brain lesions after a bout of bells palsey, after doing an MRI. I have never had MS symptoms since then, but there are 2 lesions, that were active, and I have to have regular testing now probably for the rest of my life to keep an eye on them. I have not had any MS type symptoms for a year now. What I have had is weird "attacks" or cycles that involve a weird feeling in my head, pain, pressure, anxiety. They last usually a half a day, and then are followed by a couple days of bad headache. I have had allergy testing, ct scans, ecg, hormone testing, blood tests for all the usual suspects (cancer, diabetes, lupus, lyme) all to no avail. I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitus, but I know what that feels like, and this is different. I have never been a hypochondriac, and I have always been a very stress hardy person. The various docs, have tried elavil (amotryptaline) that didn't help. Xanax, for when it happens (helps the anxiety part, but not the headache) they are at a loss and so am I. The only other weird thing that happens, is that I get a pulsing vibration in the top of my left foot. Comes every 20-30 seconds, like a vibration. Usually lasts for an hour or two, then goes away. There is one theory that the sinusitus is being caused by a fungal infection, and that when it gets cranked up, the infection is affecting other parts of my head (kinda like meningitis, but not that severe) I also get a very mild ache in the right side of my chest when these things happens. Almost like from my head, down through my neck, and into, the muscles high up on my breast area. I have also had a stress test, and it came out fine???????any help would be appreciated,****** Thanks I'm 42 male

**edited by moderator**

I sometimes get a hot feeling on right side of my head. It feels like its on the inside of my head. It also makes my right ear feel hot too. Ever so often I get a pressurey feeling on just one spot on the back right side of my head. I also get headaches too all the time. What could be the cause of this?

i have the same thing can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS.iam sooo sacred too go too doctor i cant even go inside the door of a hospital beacuse i have a real bad thing about hospitals i vom anytime i go inside one..

hi...im 17 years of age, and my twin sister had recently been killed in a car accident...since i heard about the accident ive had a weird feeling in the back of my head, its like a numb feeling, or pressure on the back of my head...it happens several times a day, ushally when i think about it...is it guilt? stress? my sister? ? !

I have felt the same symptoms as many of you describe. A shaking, tingling sensation that often moves around. It has come and gone now for a year. At first I was worried it was cancer or something like the original post blogger wrote. I had MRI's, CT Scan, Blood tests, physicals, everything came out negative. Strangely enough this all began after my best friend was killed in an accident, and also 2 days after the use of ecstasy. Let me be clear, I am not a drug user. I had tried ectasy a couple times in college, and never again until 4 years later. I did it on vacation when I was out one night at a club. 2 days later when we returned from vacation is when I found out about my friends death. A week after that I began having these sensations, and while attending my friends funeral, I began having anxiety attacks. Ever since then I have struggled with anxiety and these strange sensations and symptoms. I was extremely worried that all these problems stemmed from the use of ecstasy and still to this day wonder if it had anything to do with it. But more and more I believe stress has caused my symptoms. By the way, doctors are either clueless or do not believe that what I feel is even there. So not much support there. I found it amazing that there are even more people out there that have felt things similar to what Ive felt. I think we all need to discuss here or through email with each other what we have figured out and what causes and alleviates the problem. I have found that antidepressants, particularly in my case Cymbalta has helped quite a bit. But these sensations do come back sometimes. Right now I am going through it again, but I am getting married in a week, so I think this highly stressful event is causing these problems again. Please write me at captboonedogg@yahoo.com and tell me what you are going through or have figured out.

Thanks!