I'm 42 and perceivably healthy, I love sports, cardio, and weights. however I have stopped altogether due to this weird sensation that happens to me often when i do any physical activity. It's actually very hard to define. It feels like a sensation of lacking oxygen, like my heart is racing, or will race out of control. It also feels like the onset of a panic attack - cold clamy hands, shortness of breath. However it always goes away after a while and I feel somewhat fatigued. I'm very confused about this. I don't know if this is normal athletic training process or if I bring on the panicky feelings on myself by simply getting scared that something is wrong. I really don't know but I've quit exercising due to this. If anybody has some insight it would be greatly appreiciated. - Thanks

Have you always had this or has it just started happening? Your panic attacks are probably caused by you being scared when the whole thing starts.

Maybe you should see your doc and have your heart checked.

Also, are you a male or a female? If you are female, you could be entering menopause, which could cause some of the symptoms and contribute to the whole problem.