I was staying at a really nice hotel the last couple of days in Phoenix that had areally nice fitness center and I went 3 times. I noticed while I was doing them that in some of them I had to use the lighter side of the weights and in some of them I was much comparatively better.

I found out that my pecs and deltoids/shoulders were by far my strongest muscles...i was able to actually only a couple of pins away from being at the most amount of weight you could put on.

It was weird though..my triceps (which I figured would be strong from swinging my arms in running) were actually extremely weak..i was only a couple pins away from the very least amount of weight.

But the strangest was that my calves were REALLY weak comparatively. I had to do the second smallest weight. I thought running was supposed to develop your calves the most?

I was staying at a really nice hotel the last couple of days in Phoenix that had areally nice fitness center and I went 3 times. I noticed while I was doing them that in some of them I had to use the lighter side of the weights and in some of them I was much comparatively better. I found out that my pecs and deltoids/shoulders were by far my strongest muscles...i was able to actually only a couple of pins away from being at the most amount of weight you could put on. It was weird though..my triceps (which I figured would be strong from swinging my arms in running) were actually extremely weak..i was only a couple pins away from the very least amount of weight. But the strangest was that my calves were REALLY weak comparatively. I had to do the second smallest weight. I thought running was supposed to develop your calves the most?
I'd guess that since you are still young and haven't been at this for a lot of years that what you are seeing is that you have naturally strong shoulder strength. Running won't do diddly for your triceps - push-ups, bench presses, incline bench presses and military presses will build tricep strength. Your calf muscles will get stronger and bigger as you continue to run. My calves look almost disproportionate to my skinny ankles and it's all due to running. I rarely do any weight training with my leg muscles.

I'm pretty balanced but if anything my delts, pecs may be a bit weaker cuz of a nagging injury from bench pressing a couple years ago. My bis and tris are very strong and developed for a female.

Sorry if this sounds a little weird but I was wondering if you could tell if women had really strong pecs, because i mean, aren't they covered up with the breast? (please dont show me a bodybuilding pic :lol:) i sound really naive dont i :mrgreen:

Well I'm flat chested basically, so not much breast there. :oops: I own a gym you may know and I can tell by the weight I see them lifting, or not. If you see a female with muscular looking arms, chances are her pecs are strong too.

My calves are the strongest. At the Y, I could put the pin on the heaviest setting for calf raises and bang out 12 reps no problems. Everywhere else, I'm pretty weak.

holy c**p your thighs must be giant 8O

hmm, for me it would be my adductors and abductores, i max the machines out on my last set every time. but thats expected from skating.

good glutes and quads and calves.

upper body.....so weak though.

I guess the only way you can tell visually is that strong pecs seem to give better breast support. But otherwise, I can tell by how many pushups or how much of an exercise I can do. Plus, the muscle can be flexed the same way a man does it. ~Astara~

hell, im just a sherman tank.......190 bench 395.

the closest i ever came to that was driving on it in the DC area. i barely can do half my weight :oops:

guessing my calves. One pt to the other pt "this has to be the most pronounced soleus I've seen!" :oops:

weak: pelvic