I've been off the pill for 6 weeks, and for the past week or so I've begun to experience overwhelming feelings of depression along with some serious mood swings. I started taking Lo Loestrin Fe when I was 16 in order to control some of the more severe symptoms I was experiencing with each cycle (cramps, heavy flow, etc.), but now I'm 21, and although I no longer have those severe symptoms, I'm afraid my hormones are out of control (either that, or I actually have depression, which my mother also has). I don't want to rely on the pill to keep my hormones in check, but since I'm a full-time student, it's extremely difficult to live with this much longer. So my question is this: What are the pros and cons of staying off the pill?

Because of the hormonal withdrawal you body is experiencing from not being on the pill any longer may be why you are having these feeling. I would strongly recommend talking to you doctor about what you are experiencing.