I need to learn as much as I can about the bipolar disorder. My sister has been diagnosed with it and I admit that I am terrified. Not only that her character is changed, but the mood changes are also extreme and difficult to handle. Can you tell me about the somatic signs of depression bipolar phase? And also, what are the symptoms of the hyperactive (mania) phase?

Bipolar disorder might be very problematic for the family members. I guess it is due to the nature of the condition, which presents the patients in two completely different characters. One is drowning in depression, sometimes with suicidal tendencies, while the manic phase might be problematic because of its expression. For example, there are patients who cannot calm down unless they spend all the money available...

many people start drinking when they over depressed.,, if this is the case for a Teen ager, we should make him/her encourage and motivate..what to do next and what not to do to over come the stress or problem.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed