Hi, I suffer from viral hepatitis since I was 23 years old. My condition is worsening, and I know what will happen if it comes to a liver failure. I would like to know what are the symptoms of the liver failure?

Hi, I’ve been an alcoholic for many years. I stopped drinking few months ago, but my liver is damaged anyway. I have cirrhosis, the final phase of alcoholic liver disease. I am also afraid of the liver failure, just like you. I know a few symptoms that might appear with this condition. Early symptoms are, for example, nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea and fatigue. The symptoms of progressed liver failure are jaundice, swollen abdomen, sleepiness and coma. When some of those symptoms appear, that means that you have to go to the hospital immediately. I really hope you will find a way to beat this disease, and that you will never have to experience any of liver failure symptoms.