New Reply New Topic Followed by 13 people

ive been on methadone for 5 yrs.... allthough im sober ive got a big FAT-BELLY and HUGE FAT BREAST'S which ive never had until starting methadone... i have vigerously ate healthy and work out 3-4 days a week doing , cardio- stregth training with jillian mikells sorry about spelling.. and shes no joke.. ive even done palotese.. for my belly and i have a double chin..(where did that come from ) ive always been a size 2 or 5 with NO -ASS OR BREAST's... NOW I AM AT .. AND MAINTANE A WOPPING 165LBS AND I GOT DOWN TO 137LBS WITH SWEAT AND TEARS AND BASICALLY EATING SALMON , AND BROCCALLI (SUCKS) LOOKED PRETTY GOOD. only to wake up one day fat again !!!!!! ever sense about a year im back working out and eating my same fish and braccoli and cant loose it !!!!! its not that im getting older and its hard to loose,, and i dont want to here (well u had 2- kids) anymore.... there are skinny women with 5 children over the age of 35.. is getting off the methadone the only answer , thats not an opption i tried that and went rite back to speed balls and took off for A Month.... now i heard a liver detox might help, "cause thats where the methadone goes" but i cant detox out the methadone....... im also on adderall " which by the way is SUPPOSED to meke u loose wieght" but not me..... does anyone know if anything wiil help ??? maybe going down in miiligrams to a certain lower # with out going off completely??? im very depressed.. its really running my life cause i L O V E fasion" im a self proclaimed fasionista" they do not make the cloths i like and if they do u actually have to pay more, and nothing looks good..... i still have all my size 2-5 cloths that i refuse to get rid of...and i cry when i look at them......isnt there a magic pill yet???, i mean come on ,, they can fly people to the moon!!!!! i just want to feel confident again..!!!!! I have a double chin , i have to where granny huge ass bras- and i have horrible posture now, ... i used to stand tall???? so my question is is it defenetly the methadone and am i doomed???? AMBER-LEIGH----

I have been on methadone for a year and a half now. I gained about 20 lbs once I got on methadone, I probably needed to gain some of that weight cuz i was doing dope all day... I wasn't exactly healthy. But I would like to lose 10 lbs and fit into my cute clothes again. I too love fashion and designer jeans just don't look good with a big ass. I have always been thin, until methadone, I am not overweight but I am also not comfortable where I am at. I understand where you are coming from.

I have heard that lowering your dose will help. I am going to start lowering this week I hope. I am currently at 80 MG. I read a posting of someone who dropped 2.5 mg twice a week and was dropping weight easily. I also read that methadone causes a lot of water retention one person said they switched to suboxone and almost immediatley dropped 10 lbs probably of water weight. I do agree that I have definatley felt bloated all the time since being on methadone. I have thought of trying suboxone because you dont have to go to a clinic and you dont gain weight like the methadone. I started running about 3 weeks ago, and eating healthier, and I think I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds. Hopefully dropping my dose will help. Also I was going to get back on adderall, for my ADD, but I know in the past I've lost weight with the adderall. I have never taken it with methadone, does in not have the same effects? Anyway... good luck with your weight loss. I would look into suboxone, or trying dropping your dose. That's my plan I think. Good luck!

Amber I FEEL UR PAIN!! I'm on 200mg a day and gained 60 sloppy lbs. I weigh more than wen I was 9 mos prego! People say diet and exercise...that's BS it don't matter. Ur gonna hafta go down on mgs. I'm torn if I should do the same or just suck itup and be sober and fat. Bcc there is no option 4 me of getting off it id be rite bak to pawning my jewelry to stay unsick for the nite. I prob shouldn't put mdone down bc its an AMAZING drug. I just wish the weight gain wasn't so huge (no pun intended) good luck and don't worry ur not alone I too need the jaws of life to get in and out of my jeans.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

to those of you who wrote im so greatful, im greatful for your time u gave to write to me , and im greatful im not the only one going through this... and i must say im greatful to be sober today.... so with that said, im scared to go down, ive always been one to go upp- and then go downnn, i dont know it seems im always trying second guess it like im never satisfied..... but many of the post i read recommended i drop down, so maybe i will very slowlyyyy, i was at 175 mgs and dropped down to 90 i went down 2 mgs twice a week and rite at 90 mgs started getting nausious and belly pain so the nurse stoped me and i havent tried going down again,.. some of the girls are only on like 25 mgs.... how do they do that???? i feel like i really need it... yes i am on adderall and it seems to not give the same effects when your on the methadone, and it doesnt help stop the eating or loose weight. so i hope everyone stays sober and healthy and looses all the weight they want.. and i just have to remember how methadone has saved my life, even with a few x-tra lbs....its really nice to know i have women like you , even though i cant see you........ peace.........amberleigh..... :lol: :lol:

Your story is sooo much like my own but i have great news for you as I posted on a different thread. I searched and searched and searched. I did every diet, worked out, ate right, I tried diet pills over the counter and then prescribed, I tried everything, no adderal did not work. Phentermine did not work. Acai berry did not work. I tried to find 1 person that lost weight on methadone, to no avail. And I am proud to report that I finally found a way. I was watching the news while doing crunches before bed one night and I saw a small segment on HCG. I did the research and decided I had nothing to lose. This is just the nutshell, I can help you if you need it but I dont even know if anyone reads this anymore so let me just tell you that 7 days ago i weighed 172 pounds. Day 7 (today) I weighed in at 157 pounds!!!! You can expect to lose anywhere from half pound to 3 pounds daily, yes daily. This is no gimmick. Its not a fad diet, in fact its been around for 60 years. I do not work for any company promoting this. I was just like you and nobody ever had any solution. After years of trying I was lucky enough to be watching the news and here I am. It works. Im living proof. Not only does it work but works fast. If anyone wants to talk about it just let me know. Yes there is hope!!!! :-D

mymichelle37 wrote:

Your story is sooo much like my own but i have great news for you as I posted on a different thread. I searched and searched and searched. I did every diet, worked out, ate right, I tried diet pills over the counter and then prescribed, I tried everything, no adderal did not work. Phentermine did not work. Acai berry did not work. I tried to find 1 person that lost weight on methadone, to no avail. And I am proud to report that I finally found a way. I was watching the news while doing crunches before bed one night and I saw a small segment on HCG. I did the research and decided I had nothing to lose. This is just the nutshell, I can help you if you need it but I dont even know if anyone reads this anymore so let me just tell you that 7 days ago i weighed 172 pounds. Day 7 (today) I weighed in at 157 pounds!!!! You can expect to lose anywhere from half pound to 3 pounds daily, yes daily. This is no gimmick. Its not a fad diet, in fact its been around for 60 years. I do not work for any company promoting this. I was just like you and nobody ever had any solution. After years of trying I was lucky enough to be watching the news and here I am. It works. Im living proof. Not only does it work but works fast. If anyone wants to talk about it just let me know. Yes there is hope!!!! :D

:oops:Code:

Quote:

mymichelle37, i would LOVE to know how you lost methadone weight gain. this is terrible, i am 50lbs heavier than ive ever been in my whole life. ive always been a size 0-2. i was literally a size 0 when i was 5 1/2 mths pregnet w/ my daughter! and i was on methadone then, but RIGHT after having my daughter by emergency c-section, i gained 30lbs literally in less than a month!! and i keep getting bigger, slowly, but i cant take it anymore. lowering my dose isnt helping either. ive tryed everything, even the anitdepressent welburtrin which is possibly going to be approved as a weight loss drug. HELP ME!! please!!

I have been on methadone for a year now and my weight is out of control! I have always been very small so my confidence is very low. I do not like to go outside of my home at all. I have 2 children so it is very hard for me to stay "out of sight". I was reading mymichelle37 has found a way to lose weight on methadone and I would love to know how. Like her, I have tried everything including prescription weight loss meds. I eat very healthy and jog 6 to 8 miles everyday and havent lost a pound! I have been exercising like this for 6 months straight! Please help!  

amber sullivan wrote:

please help me loose weight is the hcg still working is the hcg you get at wal mart

mymichelle37 wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME IVE ALWAYS BEEN SKINNY! IM ONLY ON 24 MG OF METHADONE AND HAVE GAINED 50 POUNDS AND I EXCERCISE LIKE A MANIAC AND EAT LOW CARB LOW FAT! HELP ME LINA  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

what is it that u know about losing weight on methadone

i dont know when that was posted but please tell me how to lose the weight. what is hcg and where do i get it? i have an extra 60 pds from methadone to lose

Is that HCG in a pill form? I have the same problem I am on Methadone I started at 130 now I am up to 190. I can not stop the methadone I will just relapse and don't want to do that. but I do not want to be so fat if I do not do something now It will get so much out of control I will not be able to handle it at all..my face is fat my butt and hips are bigger than ever, I hate to even try on cloths, so anymore I mostly wear jogging pants. I hate it. I know the dr. at the methadone clinic said to me it slows your metabolism down so slow that it is very hard to loose weight.

amber sullivan wrote:

IM IN THE SAME BOAT GIRLFRIEND! I HAVE A EATING DISORDERR AND I HAVE A SMOOTHIE FOR BREAKFAST AND A SALAD FOR DINNER AND WAS 125 WHEN I STARTED METHADONE SIX MTHS AGO AND NOW IM 185! THE HEAVIEST IVE EVER BEEN OMG! ITS WATER RETENTION! IM GOING TO TAKE PAIN PILLS TWO DAYS A WEEK TO SEE IF THAT WILL HELP ME LOSE! BTW IM ONLY ON 25 MG OF METHATDONE! I KNOW GOING DOWN HELPS BUT IM SO LOW ANYWAY!

I really would love to know what worked for you! I have been on methadone for 2 yers and am heavier than I have ever been and I am a pretty active person and it is rather depressing! Please help! :) thanks!