I have two friends who were used Clindamycin during last year. I would not have any question, as I do not have about every other drug, but I have noticed something strange. They were not in similar condition; I can freely say that was not closely same disease. Now I want to know what actually Clindamycin is. Can you tell me anything that might help me understand when this drug is prescribed?

Clindamycin is an antibiotic, used to treat infections of the respiratory tract, skin, pelvis, vagina, and abdomen. This antibiotic will not work for colds, flu, or viral infections, so I could wonder if your friends had any of these conditions. It could be used to treat bacteria placed anywhere on the body, no matter if that is inside of the body, or acne and vaginal bacteria. Before starting with Clindamycin therapy patient should tell doctor what prescription and nonprescription medications he or she is already taking, including vitamins. If patient is using topical Clindamycin, he should ask the doctor for advice on using other acne medications and cosmetics. Some cosmetics make acne worse and interfere with the effectiveness of this medication, so everyone should be careful. Patient who uses Clindamycin should take the missed dose as soon as he or she remembers it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, it is recommended to skip the missed dose and take any remaining doses for that day. It is extremely important not to take a double dose to make up for a missed one. Although side effects from Clindamycin are not common, they can occur, and doctor should be informed about anything strange that might happen.