Hello, guys. My neighbor got some allergy. She went to a dermatologist’s office for an examination. She told me she was diagnosed Nickel dermatitis. I am not sure what that is exactly. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this. This will mean a lot to me.

Hi, there. Nickel dermatitis is one of the most common causes of contact dermatitis. It happens with sensitive individuals on places where nickel-containing metal touches one’s skin. There are some places that are affected more often. Those are: earlobes (earrings), lower abdomen (jeans stud) and the wrists. The diagnosis is set by clinical examination and a special allergy test called patch test. For this purpose, a special substance is used - nickel sulphate-hexahydrate. In treatment you can expect compresses, topical steroids, emollients and antibiotics to prevent secondary infection. I hope this help. Bye!