I have some questions and they are concerning my mother.
Over than six years my mother has problems with her kidneys. Beside pain in her back she also suffered from severe urinary tract infection.
Last couple of days she started to suffer from increased urinary frequency and strong flank pain.
She contacted her doctor but he scheduled her for some urologist examination because he is suspecting that she has developed some condition called hydronephros.
What should I know about this condition and what kind of treatment is available?

Hydronephrosis is a "stretching" or dilation of the inside or collecting part of the kidney.
Urine is trapped in the kidney and causes the kidney to stretch. In most cases it is caused by abnormal backwash or "reflux" of urine from the bladder.
When both kidneys are involved, the condition is called bilateral hydronephrosis.
I don’t know does your mother suffer from chronic or acute hydronephrosis. If hydronephrosis is chronic, preventive antibiotics may be prescribed to decrease the risk of urinary tract infections but if not treated promptly- it could end with the eventual loss of kidney function.