Guys, I don't know what to do anymore. I am panicking for no reason and I am scared for no reason. I never had any bad experiences, but for the last couple of months I am extremely scared to go out. 

I have some bad dreams and because of them I am extremely scared to go out alone because I believe that someone is chasing me. Silly, but I can't help it. I am not leaving my home anymore alone.

I think that this is paranoia? Right?

Anyway, what is paranoia and how it can be treated? Tnx in advance. 

Celebrity

Hi! I am really sorry to hear this.

Yes, some of those tings that you have mentioned can definitely be connected to paranoia. But to be sure, you need to go to your doctor and see what is the proper diagnose. I can give you some information, but I believe that in your case they are not enough.

Anyway, paranoia is thinking and feeling as if you are under threat even though there is no evidence that you are. Also, paranoid thoughts can also be described as delusions. Now about the treatment, I am not sure what to tell you, because every treatment is totally different.

Have you talked to anyone? Are you sure that you don't have any reasons to be paranoid? 

Good day. I am not sure. I remember that while I was in College one boy was after me. Obviously, he liked me back than and I didn't notice him at all. I remember that one night he waited for me while I was coming back home and since that day I am a little bit scared, but never like this. I mean, this situation was almost 10 years ago. I don't believe that this is the reason why I am paranoid, right? If I am paranoid, of course? No, I still haven't talk to anyone because I believed that I can hear some similar stories and advice.

Celebrity

Look, you are definitely in the web of all those fears. There is a huge possibility that you do have bad dreams because of it and maybe this fear is just that, but you haven't noticed it. Also, most people have paranoid thoughts about threats or harm to themselves and very often they want to cure them alone, but that is not a good thing. I think that you are also in this category. 

You can't heal it alone. It definitely requires sine help.  You should be aware that paranoia is a symptom of some mental health problems and not a diagnosis itself and that those paranoid thoughts can be anything from very mild to very severe and these experiences can be quite different. 

Superstar

Doctor is not the one who should give this kind of a diagnosis, only a psychologist can do this, or a psychiatrist as well. The doctor can only redirect you to a psychologist and I think that you would benefit from these visits so I think that you should try and talk to a psychologist.

Paranoia is the fear of being followed, it is a mental disorder and it requires professional help in order to overcome it. Some people never really overcome it, these thoughts keep coming back but instead they learn how to cope with it and how to not pay attention to these thoughts when they occur.

The worst part about this is that you can never really treat it, this is what sucks about mental disorders. Paranoia is always going to be there, lurking around the corner. The best thing to do in order to learn how to cope with this disorder is to start seeing a psychologist (psychiatrist in some serious cases). Like I said, you can learn how to cope with it, how to notice when you start being paranoid and how to stop those thoughts from taking over you. It won't be easy but it sure will make your life a lot easier for you.

Resident

That can be the cause of your paranoia, that thing that happened 10 years ago, but it might be something else as well. This is why you need a psychologist, he can figure out by talking to you what exactly caused your paranoia and then you can start the treatment which will help you to treat the cause. If you treat the cause and remove it, you can actually overcome paranoia completely. However, if you don't treat the cause, if you just learn to cope with your thoughts, then paranoia can come back at anytime and you will have to keep living with it.

Resident

People who wrote above me are right, I can agree with them when it comes to the talk about the psychologist. You could manage to do this without a psychologist but regarding your current condition, I don't think that you would manage it on your own. 

You need to figure out that the feelings that you are having are wrong and that nobody is really stalking or following you. If you can manage to do that, then you will be able to tell yourself at the moment when these thoughts appear that these thoughts are wrong and that nobody is following you.