the most important post-workout recovery food for optimum health and well being? In other words, if you had a chance to eat just one thing post workout, what would you choose?

Prolly some kind of protein shake maybe with a banana in it.

A Tombstone Pizza

A Tombstone Pizza
And a beer. :P

After a good race, I always get a craving for a nice juicy cheeseburger. Then on the drive home, I get a craving for sour gummy worms.

Of course, I honor both cravings and end up getting a cheeseburger and then 20 mins later getting the worms.

i like that endurox stuff, but i'm not drinking it regularly. after a good workout or race, i'd love a whole wheat bagel with extra crunchy peanut butter and honey on it. :mrgreen:

Ensure

Sheldon

Seriously,

20 ounces of Cytomax with a scoop of protein

the bagel, pb and honey thing works for me too. although the craving for a couple of juicy cheeseburgers and a beer is high!

Ensure

Sheldon

You don't have problems with the sugar overload? I mean, resulting in what is medically known as "dumping"?

after eating sweets or carbohydrates. They may feel queasy and sweaty, and may suffer from diarrhea afterward. Rapid gastric emptying

endurox with a banana.....I should do it more often......today I put honey in it too. I just read in my son's Discovery mag that honey helps prevent anemia and help absorb calcium.

I hate honey :x

endurox with a banana.....I should do it more often......today I put honey in it too. I just read in my son's Discovery mag that honey helps prevent anemia and help absorb calcium. I hate honey :x
I'm not a fan of honey, either, but from what I've heard it really is a miracle food. Too bad I can't stand the flavor of it.

Sardines

I kid you not. High protein. If you look at the nutrition labels on a can of sardines and a tube of Jog-mate, nearly identical.

If fish was good enough for Nurmi and Viren, it's good enough for me :mrgreen:

Sardines I kid you not. High protein. If you look at the nutrition labels on a can of sardines and a tube of Jog-mate, nearly identical. If fish was good enough for Nurmi and Viren, it's good enough for me :mrgreen:
I bet sardines smothered in honey would be da bomb! :mrgreen:

Chocolate milk,

but a cheeseburger sounds really good.