Let me start off by saying I am extremely worried for my well-being right now, and my hands are shaking as I type this, as I am only 17 years old.

I usually go to the bathroom to take a dump only about twice a week, and sometimes when I have to strain, I can see large pink, of what appears to be bubbles, protruding afterward. I was not overly concerned as they went away on their own shortly after if I just sat down and played videogames or something.

Now, I had to get to a school fundraising event but I really had to go to the bathroom. But, I didn't rest after as I was going to be late. So I sat on my bike and went to school, pretending I was not in pain. 3hrs late when I finally got home, the pink lump wouldn't go away. Everything had receded but this one lump. I figured I'd sleep it off. Woke up in the middle of the night in pain and went to the ER.

I had surgery performed but didn't ask a lot of questions. He put some anesthetic and started making cuts. I bled a lot but didn't feel much pain. I promptly cleaned myself afterward and put a pad on my underwear and that was it. The doctor told me I would be dealing with hemorrhoids my whole life, but I already have been without knowing it. He said the recovery time would be around 1-2weeks. Frankly, I don't believe him. This is the morning after surgery and it is painful to move my legs as the anesthetic has worn off. I have been immobile all day, and my concern has lead me to this website. 

I plan on having a massive fiber diet along with absolutely no sweets for the rest of my life after this ordeal is behind me. I have been scared into a healthy lifestyle. I just want to know what the recovery time is, very very bad. And what I can do to reduce the pain would be greatly appreciated.

If everything goes smoothly, a complete should be around 6 to 8 weeks. The pain should start subsiding a little after the first couple of days, and more signficantly after 2 weeks. Keep up with the massive fiber diet and your warm sitz baths and you should be good to go.