I agree with the best friend part 100%. I still believe that there has to be a strong spiritual/physical connection as well.
It appears that we're getting there but.... ...then the "spiritual/physical connection" thing came up and all I could think of was, "Oh, god! Oh, god! Yes! Oh, god!" :naughty: The soap in your avatar's mouth isn't merely coincidence, is it?? :mrgreen:

ya know what? put your stupid ego aside, permanently, and you'll make a great husband. Hey! (yellow flag) Personal foul...15 yards...unsportsmanlike behavior. :) I'm not making an accusation but...can't women have stupid egos, too? absolutely. so penalty declined. it goes both ways. just whoever you are---get over yourself, then we can talk. i've met more men than women with EGO problems but a woman can be an ego maniac just the same. bleh on both!!
and that great sex thing, how over-rated is that? i mean, great sex is what it is....great sex. kinda like a great creme brule, it's fine while it's going down but wth do you have to show for it afterwards? how's the creme brule helping me out in the day to day scheme of things? i mean, when the chips are down, when the going gets rough, when i've had quite enough of life in general, i don't want no effing creme brule........you want...???
well, if ya think i want wild great sex while i'm in the middle of a meltdown, you're wrong. sex can be great, that's a given, but it aint the great healer we all wanna pretend it is.....it aint even close to a bandaid... i want nothing more, nothing less, than an unconditional friendship. let me count on you, being there, for me whenever, with no strings attached. and you both better damn well have the same idea of what "GREAT SEX" is or you're a trainwreck waiting to happen...so that requires a little communication. so get communicating, put your ego aside, and there ya have it, you're the man of my dreams.

...I'm so there. I have no ego. I can communicate. Quite simply, I am that man! I hope you can whip up a mean creme brule. :mrgreen: yeah yeah, that's what they all say. :wink: and i can't do anything worth talking about in the kitchen. creme brule is this thing i order at restaurants. sorry. :mrgreen:

It appears that we're getting there but.... ...then the "spiritual/physical connection" thing came up and all I could think of was, "Oh, god! Oh, god! Yes! Oh, god!" :naughty:
The soap in your avatar's mouth isn't merely coincidence, is it?? :mrgreen: Yes, a mere coincidence. :roll:

Awesome FRIENDSHIP

and shared values.

i've met more men than women with EGO problems but a woman can be an ego maniac just the same. bleh on both!! Damned egotistical men! Curs! Bleh, indeed!
well, if ya think i want wild great sex while i'm in the middle of a meltdown, you're wrong. sex can be great, that's a given, but it aint the great healer we all wanna pretend it is.....it aint even close to a bandaid... Oh, my. I never, not for a moment, thought that you, during a meltdown, would desire wild, great sex. That's rather inappropriate and ineffectual, isn't it? You'll never hear me say that sex is a great healer. No pretence from me on that one. It has its place in life. And, absolutely - it ain't no band-aid...not even close. i want nothing more, nothing less, than an unconditional friendship. let me count on you, being there, for me whenever, with no strings attached.
And, we can safely assume, that you will be there, for whenever, whatever, with no strings attached. That's how I'd define a true friend. And it's good to be married to someone like that, too. yeah yeah, that's what they all say. :wink: and i can't do anything worth talking about in the kitchen. creme brule is this thing i order at restaurants. sorry. :mrgreen: It's true! It's true! :no wink: I know my way around the kitchen. I'll make the dessert.

Unbelievable amounts of patience. Once you have that the rest is easy.

someone who gets up at 5am to let the dog out in the freezing cold.

And I'll suppose that doing the same thing at 3:30 a.m. also qualifies the individual? Good girls...here are your treats...now, get back into bed.

Yes. I'll keep your resume ;)

Yes. I'll keep your resume ;)
They keep me warm.

Yes. I'll keep your resume ;)
They keep me warm.
:teehee:

Yes. I'll keep your resume ;)
They keep me warm.
:teehee:
And the younger one likes to lick my ears.

I also agree with the best friend part.

I think that because I and my DH started out and continued having great sex until his hips got bad, we learned to adjust and still have it in different ways. Same with my feet. I used to be a little flexible flyer, and we have had to make adjustments.

OK. My phisosophy is "Sex is the glue." It holds things together when other things are not going as well as one would like in other departments. It can open the door to say "Hey, BTW....we need to talk aout this" rather than just jumping into it. It softens the blow. And for us, at least, it has worked when we have been through problematic times (not with our relationship, but the whole ordeal we went through down here, it calms things temporarily and allows you to focus on the bigger pic.) That's what I meant.

I am not using it as a cureall for communication, but at times it can open a bridge to that. And "sex" can be whatever your definition is. This is a website that is open tp kids as well, so I want to be careful.

I am not trying to be offensive here, but this IS a natural part of life and relationships. And making love can take on all sorts of forms rather than conventional. I do not want to get graphic here. Physical intimacy can take many forms, and often helps lead to other forms of communication. I don't think I am explaining my point well here, so I am going to go. Sorry.... :(

What makes a good husband or a wife?

Fidelity, respect, showing affection at every opportunity. Playfulness, and giving each other time to decompress alone or vent without judging them, and reminding him/her what you like about them as a person on a regular basis. Making yourself available when they request for a nookie. Complementing them for their hardwork, be it a house chore, or the daily grind to the office (in my case, to the airport/base).

The teh cool thing is we all have different qualities that we have all specified that are important to us and not so much to others. There are universal qualities that are good to have.

Someone created for each of us.