What is by your opinion the best weapon against asthma? Both my children have bad allergies and the allergy attack is very similar to asthma attack, so I’m worried that asthma can develop. Severe cough with wheezing, runny nose and eyes and very difficult breathing follow each allergy reaction. Is there anything that can be done to prevent development of the disease and to increase severity of reaction?

Some forms of asthma are associated to allergy reactions; this is so called allergy asthma. It is very important to avoid trigger factors, to boost immune system and to have allergy test to be able to remove certain triggers from the environment. Steroids are prescribed in allergy related wheezing, to treat inflammatory reaction. I guess that you should take your children at your family doctor’s to have complete exam and get proper diagnosis and adequate therapy.