Hello! My mother has been recently diagnosed arthritis and her doctor prescribed some non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. The medicines she uses actually help her in relieving her symptoms but I am afraid of the effects that those medicines may have on her stomach and liver. I would like to try with some natural ways in relieving her pain and inflammation. I heard that vegetable is very helpful. What vegetables are good in preventing arthritis?

Hello! It has been showed the two glasses of black cherry juice is very helpful in relief of pain symptoms. Also, vegetable as parsley, broccoli, and spinach can assist in the treatment of arthritis, since these contain beta-carotene, along with carrots, apples, and ginger, all of which contain copper. Pineapple juice is also known to be very good in preventing of arthritis symptoms as well as fish oil. Your mother should try to avoid nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes) and meat for a month and observe whether the symptoms are alleviated. Other substances to avoid include tobacco, coffee, caffeinated tea, salt, artificial colors, and preservatives.