I just sprained my right ankle last week, which means no running for a while. Anybody else? I'd love to hear your stories!

I never knew how easily a sprain could happen... 8O

i lost count how many times my ankles have been sprained. i used to run CC in High School, and i'd say running on the tree root is not reccomened. :roll:

quite a few happenned in my Army days too.

ouch...yeah. tree roots are brutal.

i did something moderately dumb....i ran in the dark on uneven pavement....
:oops: live and learn, right?

i was also wondering....
how did you know when you could get back out there? :wiggle:

Um, I'm pretty sure I'm the hands-down winner on this matter. PM me and I'd be happy to help you. These guys have it heard it all ad nauseum.

I've sprained them, ripped ligaments, cracked bones...my ankles are horrible. Arthritis now too boot (and I'm NOT that old!)

I played hoops in college... my ankles have been sprained/turned so many times that I can turn one and be fine. I mostly landed on somebodys foot and turned mine. Now a days I do not sprain my ankles becasue I guess the tendons are very weak and flexible. Things got so bad that I would turn my ankle while waliking in my sandals. I have a sneaky suspicion that I pronate because of this. Train light during your recovery period. Try writing alphabets or 1-100 using your foot. Really helps your ankle and shin strength. It helped me regain strength and gave me relief from shin splints.
-D