I have this problem and I don't know who to turn to, I have people who I consider close to me, who already know some stuff about me but I don't feel like telling them this.

A lot of times when I am at home I happen to start crying for no apparent reason. I just go to my room to cry so nobody can see me. I saw some stuff on the internet which said that this could mean that I am suffering from depression, is that true? I'm scared because of what I read, can my crying be linked to depression?

Contributor

It sounds to me like you are lonely, Guest. You said that you have people who you consider to be close to you but you don't want to tell them about this, this makes me conclude that these people aren't really that close to you then and this is why you feel lonely, and your loneliness is what is making you cry (there is always a reason for everything).

When it comes to depression, loneliness might eventually lead to depression, it partially led to my depression, at least it contributed to its development. You need to be open to those who you call friends.

I think that might be it.

You know, I never really felt love in my family. I read somewhere on the internet that girls and women need hugs in order to stay happy. I never had this in my family. We never kissed each other on the cheeks nor did we ever hug each other. I didn't have that during my childhood and I think that I am desperate about it. While I was still dating my ex boyfriend, I used to hug him all the time, he thought that I was crazy. I think that this might be the reason why I'm crying.

it might be ,why dont you talk to me .and will see

Contributor

There you go, now you might have found out what is causing you to be depressed and to cry that much. However, I don't really know what can you do in order to overcome this so I think that you might want to start talking to a psychologist. 

He will probably be able to see what is wrong, although I think that we already found that out, and therefore he will tell you what exactly you need to do in order to overcome this. These things usually take a lot of time to treat and overcome but it is certainly possible to do.

I'm sorry malo but I don't really feel like talking to someone who I don't know and completely opening my soul to them. This is why I don't really want to talk to a psychologist EatingBoss, I don't think that I will be able to open myself to him (or her). However, if you think that this might help me out because I really need help, I might just give it a try and see what happens but I have to admit that I am not so optimistic about it, I will find it very hard to talk to this person.

you do whatever you feel is right for you ,ididnt mean to open your heart and soul ,just a plain talk ,since you said you dint know who to turn to ,i just thought i try, it is very likly it can be inner depression

I know what are you telling us. But from my own example I know that it is very hard to open yourself to someone when you are in condition like this one. Yes, I understand you and it seems to me like you are lonely just like I am. That is one of the possible reasons why I am crying all the time. It leads to the depression. I am diagnosed with depression and I just can't talk to no one about this. People are keep telling me that I should seek for professional help, but I am scared that no one understands me...I open my heart occasionally like now, in here, but those are really rare moments... I think that I am giving up.

Resident

Look, it is probably related with depression. But before you go on the internet to seek the solution for you (and when I say this I am not saying that you should avoid sites like this, not at all) but I think that you should see a professional. It is obviously that you need a professional help, you need someone who can find a proper cure for you.

Of course, you can do a lot for you - you can find a person that you really love and someone who is really there for you telling her or him what is your problem. I believe that you will feel much easier to share your worries and conditions to someone you trust.

Many people keep asking themselves why do they cry for no reason. You never, but NEVER cry for no reason. There must be a reason for every tear your drop and you need to be aware of this. Look, in most cases, people who cry "for no reason" are depressed. In the other hand, those people with extreme depression will experience more emotional numbing than crying. Bu anyway, you should see someone who can tell you much more about this, from medical side. Also, depression may be indicated by an increased need for crying. This is a real concern because it is well known that a lot of people lately are connected with depression.

Celebrity

It doesn't necessarily has to mean that you are crying because of depression. A lot of people can also cry during some anxiety attack, it doesn't matter do they cry before or after attack You should know that those attacks are usually a single moment of overwhelming fear or some worry that you might have.Generally, crying is a totally natural response to these  feelings. Other people maintain the strong emotions even after their anxiety attack but some people are helpless. You should not be ashamed to talk to someone or to seek for help about this. Maybe you really need some help.