It's now just over 2 weeks since my hemorrhoid surgery (external). I can feel improvement every day and am hopeful that I'll soon feel much better. My biggest source of concern though is that my whole anal area looks completely disfigured ... I now have a bunch of bumps and swellings that actually look similar to the original hemorrhoids that were removed. I don't care, of course, how they look, but it's a huge challenge to keep the area clean. And the swellings, nodules, whatever I call them, are very tender (just like my old hemorrhoids). Has anyone else had the same experience? Do these shrink or go away?

just wondering if you have follow up on whether the bumps settle down? i am now 10 days out and while every day is getting better in terms of pain, i can't imagine these things flattening out. do they?

I am in agreement with the question about the nodules. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and have the same concern / question.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Mr. Pain

did anyone get a clear answer on what they are and when/if they go away completely? i had surgery several days ago, so i am experiencing pain that has me preoccupied with BMs and healing, but i did notice them when cleaning up and applying ointment. i see my doctor tomorrow for my first follow-up, i will ask him.
in the meantime, i've been doing some reading on this and other forums regarding the post op recovery, etc... and there was one person who mentioned the nodules and referred to them as part of the healing process... swelling and stitches.
check out **** for post on the same subject related to hemorrhoid surgery, recovery, etc... a lot of good info. still feel i need more on this specific topic...
good luck!

I have had similar issues as well with a recent surgery. My doctor advised me before the surgery that this could happen and would be due to swelling in the area. He said it could take as long as 3 months (unlikely but possible) to resolve.