Leave your children, (ages 1 - 8) at a restaurant, in the care of a bunch of strangers (to you, anyway; granted, these are all nice people but you'd have no way of knowing this) who are NOT child care professionals, for five + hours while you went to the adjacent restaurant and got drunk?

And then were "bothered" when said strangers inquired as to where you were when the children started crying for their "mommy" around midnite?

I wouldn't do that to my dog!

What say you?

One of your friends did that? Is he/she still in jail and who has the kids now?

Heck, I am having a heckuva time just taking my 13 yo to the Y camp. Where there are child care professionals--and it is an environment made for kids.

I can't imagine anyone leaving their kids like that. Did you consider calling child protective services?

Heck, I am having a heckuva time just taking my 13 yo to the Y camp. Where there are child care professionals--and it is an environment made for kids. I can't imagine anyone leaving their kids like that. Did you consider calling child protective services?
Well, it was for a private birthday party where they shut both restaurants down. However, I don;t see the logic in leaving your kids in the care of a bunch of unknown people, who had little to no idea what the deal was until the last minute. These people are friends of the restaurant owner, who has more money and connections than god, However, I'd think with all those resources, there could have been proper childcare provided.

Heck no. I prolly would have called the local police, and had the parents arrested

Oh hell no! I prolly woulda wanted to slapped the sh*t outa them. :(

I wouldn't do that because drinking is bad for your running. Freebasing, on the other hand...

Sounds like pretty selfish people to me. Putting their children's saftey in jeaporday so they can go out and party. I'm sorry but as parents, that's part of the responsibility. Spending time with your children, even if it means your partying days are over.

Define child care professionals. Is that a teenager making slightly over minimum wage working at Kindercare? :|

I don't have a kid, and i wouldn't even consider that. I wouldn't leave my chia pet in the company of strangers.

Probably some lawyer somewhere could make a case for abandonment.

No. These were restaurant employees.

Leave your children, (ages 1 - 8) at a restaurant, in the care of a bunch of strangers (to you, anyway; granted, these are all nice people but you'd have no way of knowing this) who are NOT child care professionals, for five + hours while you went to the adjacent restaurant and got drunk? I wouldn't do that to my dog! What say you?
Neither would I. I'd have taken Max drinking with me. :fubby:

My kids would need to be in bed way before midnight. There would be a sitter at home not at a restarant.