For everyone to make the rash go away simply put baking soda in warm water wet apaper toel in the water use to wipe the affected area. Should all go away in approx a few days

Did you ever figure it out. Sounds exactly whats going on with me its horrible :(

I had that for a couple of months... The itch was driving me insane. I first tried washing with gentle soap (baby soap) each time I went to the washroom. Helped a bit. Then I used some hydrocortisone cream... probably a big mistake. Then I used epsom salt bath... soothed for a bit but made my butt dry and easily crack. What worked for me was a mix of baby zinc oxide diaper rash cream (I used zincofax) mixed with a yeast infection cream (I used Canesten) AND cutting on caffein/sugars/spices for a while. The itch was pretty much gone within the week!

Hi. What did your Dr ever say about the itching?

I've read through each comment in response to "your thoughts on my itching butt" because I was desperate for some advice. I've been dealing with this exact issue for over 3 months with no relief. i went to my gyno and was diagnosed with bacterial vagitosis, was prescribed a pill, didn't work. A viginal gel, didn't work. An antifungal, didn't work. All my itching and burning was external, traveling back and forth from front to back, driving me insane. I started washing my underwear in sensitive soap, using a ph balanced feminine wash, sitting in apple cider vinegar every night, sleeping without underwear on. Still no relief. Today is my first day itch free (!!!) after I read this post and went to the store to get the things that were suggested here. I got a prbiotic (20 million live bacteria) and started using Tucks wipes after every time I used the bathroom. It took 2 days but I feel amazing all day, even though it was 92* and normally would be feeling awful (sweating made it worse). I have been in misery, and I can assume if you're reading this post, you are too. I needed to share because I know how desperate it can feel and if I helped one person it was worth my time.

I have the same thing and I am very much convinced it's from eating too much sugar. Candiditis type stuff. I know this because this only happens to me after bingeing on too much sugary and/or starchy foods. Try cutting out sugar, wheat (gluten), and grains for a couple weeks and I can guarantee you will feel better soon!! Also try a good probiotic, drink tons of water and try too avoid foods with preservatives and artificial sugars. If anything, avoid excess SUGAR!!!! Sugar overload causes yeast type infections (the diaper rash-like red itchy butt). Keep the area clean and dry. Diaper rash cream helps some. Avoid baby wipes with alcohol. Oh and alcohol....dont drink alcohol for a while!! Turns right into sugar. One of the worst things that can cause these symptoms. This is so hard people, but this is what will clear it up. TRUST ME!! Takes some time, but be diligent and try not to obsess about it. Just eat right and keep the area clean and dry. Good luck!!!!

The most common cause of Anal Itch (Pruritus Ani) is the continual rubbing and irritation of the sensitive skin with toilet paper, NOT because people are dirty and leaving fecal material behind. In fact quite the opposite...more often it's because they are too clean, from too much wiping which removes the bodies natural oils that it needs leading to the Itch. The simple solution is to clean with water, not soap, and the most efficient way to do that is with a Hand Bidet Sprayer. It will go away and stay away. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If it's bad at night you most likely have pinworms

this worked for me..wash and dry butt crack. now this will seem radical.cottin ball soaked with rubbing alcohol.apply to but crack. at first it hurts like hell.do in morning and before bed.stings like hell for 5 to 10 minutes.after 2 wks of this my rash has just about disappeared and now when i apply rubbing alcohol only stings for 3 0r 3 minutes and i have all day relief..remember hurts like hell first few times..good luck pm

Maybe an allergic reaction to shampoo/soap I shower,or laundry detergent on undearwear. .perhaps you wash but soap from head doesn't get fully washedv away.
Could try calamine loation. Dries oozing skin up.

Your vagina is just too ugly

As you guys have now found out...you are NOT alone! There are several people across the world with chronic anal itching, and I'm willing to bet that it is in fact Pruritus Ani. I struggled for years with it and saw 3 doctors but they couldn't help! Fortunately, there's a group of sufferers that created an ointment called Pranicure. I was skeptical at first b/c you can only get it online, but there are so many fantastic reviews on their website that buying a jar seemed worth it.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I did...Pranicure works! Follow the very detailed instructions (somewhat of a process), but it's all part of it. Far and away it's the most effective product/treatment for rectal itching!

I use double base cream moisturiser to stop the skin on my bum from going dry.And on my vulva I use a little of the same mixed with betnovate very sparingly when I get a flare up. BUT WITH PSORIASIS it's Moisturise Moisturise I use my double bas as a soap substitute as well .sound

Thank you. I have Crohn's disease also and I'm happy I saw your post. I'll continue the A& D cream. This happens to me every maybe 5 6 months... it's so annoying. Thanks again

I've suffered with this condition for about 40 years and it usually starts on the buttocks then continues down the thighs. The condition usually occurs at the end of spring through mid summer. At times the itching becomes so severe that I have to find a private location and proceed with scratching to relieve the discomfort and this scratching results in bleeding in the area. Because of my dark completion I don't see any redness on the skin which causes some doctors to believe that it's all in the mind. I found in my case the use of Cortizone sometimes the extra strength helps to aleviate the symptoms for several hours especially when applied right after taking a shower.
A year ago while investigating fungi/fungus etc. I came across an article on colloidal silver and its uses on eliminating the effects of fungus so I got a hold of some and tried it out. The itching symptoms subsided a few days later and did not last all summer long as it usually does. Some users claim that it can be sprayed onto affected areas to eliminate skin conditions. I hope this information will be of help to anyone with this similar condition.
Steve