New Member
HI, I am too blown away at how many people have this. Mine is getting worse, and is on both sides now. I thought it was my fat too, and now, am really on a mission to solve this because it scares me. Please keep posting any updates you have and I will do the same. Thanks and best wishes.

New Member
I just saw your post and read a bunch of posts from others who are having this same issue. I have had it for years and it is getting much worse. Please keep posting any updates you have and I will too. Best of luck in getting over this. Thanks.

I too am having this issue. I’m overweight and when I bend over to do anything if I bend too hard and put pressure on my stomach it feels like I’m having a heart attack. If I wear wire bras and they push on my stomach the same thing happens. I’ve went to the doctor for chest pains and my scans came back completely normal. But this isn’t normal. It hurts in my back and my stomach. Sometimes the pain runs right up under my left breast. Some days I am ok and I take it easy but it sucks when my kids want to play and I can’t do certain things because I’m afraid I may pass out from this pain.

Hello everyone, I am so surprised that so many have this problem, I have had it for what seems likes years. I have been tested beyond belief, with my Gastro guy telling me, that because of the Chronic Diarrhea I was having, that, of course, I was going to have cramps. I wanted to punch him in the face. So I stopped asking all the MD's. I have several because I have CVID, which is an immune deficiency and I do infusions monthly. But I have had this muscle spasm problem far before that diagnosis. Sometimes I wondered if it was because I was dehydrated, it happens a lot after a physical workout. And yes I am overweight, another reason I don't want to discuss with PCP. I'm sick of them blaming it on my weight. My question to any of you, is that do any of you suffer muscle soreness the next day at the sites of spasms? Tonight I was driving and I sneezed and they started (I have been working in the hot sun all day) I had to pull over, the pain was so bloody intense I thought I would have to call a bus! I expect tomorrow the areas that spasmed will be sore and tender to the touch.
I read here that someone was diagnosed with Abdominal Cutaneous Nerve Entrapment Syndrome (ACNES). I was just curious if anyone was sore the next day? With what I read on ACNES, it didn't mention the day after soreness. I have had pinched nerves on my back, had surgery, went away. I have had multiple surgeries in my stomach, so I am sure there are adhesions. I need Help! theses are really affecting my life, and they are scary. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Yes I too get this awful sensation. When I bend over or push my knees to my chest it feels like something is twisting inside on my left side rib cage. Once I straighten up and take a few deep breaths it shifts back to normal. It’s been there for 2 years now & scans and an Endoscopy today shows nothing. Just baffled to what it could be. I am overweight, so maybe that’s why. This started when I had my 2nd C-Section 2 years ago.

Yes that’s what one Dr thought it was, just had an Endoscopy today and they confirmed I don’t have a hiatus hernia. Back to the drawing board for me.

More appropriately, what is the matter with you? This is not a site for Haters, but I am sure you can find one somewhere. We have all asked doctors, and are a group of concerned citizens who care about our health care. Please respond to content which is relevant to you and in a positive manner.

YES, I have this problem and often the area is sore the next day. I have read many posts stating that doctors cannot find a cause, and I too, have seen more than one doctor about it. My conclusion, for me, is the excess weight and this is why: When I bend over, there is fat in the way and makes bending more difficult. I never had this before I gained weight and i believe if that extra fat wasn't there, I wouldn't have the problem, It's like trying to fit a size 10 foot in a size 8 shoe. it s gonna hurt. Good luck,

Let me know the update i do have the same problem and doctors dont know. Why

I just decided weight and dehydration may be the cause. Thoughts?

I have had this problem,and aha posted before, but just yesterday, I had the pain again, after not having it for a short time. I wonder if dehydration isn't partially the cause? i am pretty much set on the weight being the main issue.

Every time you go to the doctor, they will blame everything on weight.

I have had this exact same problem and it started about 3 years ago. It would happen when shaving or bending over. I am very active (play tennis and job) so I assumed it was a hernia due to my workouts possibly. I have had two c-sections and a hysterectomy so therefore I probably have a weak abdominal wall as a result. I did have an ultrasound done that was negative for hernia (and they usually are according to my doctor), but we did surgery anyway due to my symptoms and the frequency of it happening. My surgeon thought it was possibly the early stages of a hernia. He did not find a hernia however he removed 3 cm of tissue that he thought was endometriosis. The pathology report was negative for endometriosis so I was left thinking maybe it was all scar tissue from previous surgeries causing the problem. It's been 6 months I have resumed an active life exercising and have been feeling fine until today. I had another episode after playing tennis and running. I'm led to assume it's a dehydration issue or possibly regrowth of scar tissue but plan to follow up with my doctor.

I also have this it also so started after c section 10 years ago..Doctor cant explain what it is

Hi I had surgery a couple years ago to remove a tumor and uterus. They did a surgery like a gallbladder and now when I go to bend or bend to the left or right I’ll get a ball like knot spasm that hurts really bad. Did u ever get any answers to it?