Whew!  Thank God I am not the only one!  My Dr and I just upped my dosage from 20 to 40 mg IR Adderall as the 20 was making me incredibly sleepy.  Oh my Lord!  I thought a cat had pee'd on me!  Thank you so much for the information!  It is a blessing not to be eating as I weigh 360 lbs, so this not wanting to eat.... wow.  But I was concerned the sudden switch had damaged my kidneys or something.  Same thing here, horrible breath and urine.  Urine is pale yellow, but slightly cloudy.  I forget to eat and drink, so I think I found my solution.  I will have to set an alarm to remind myself to drink!  

I was about to give up on Adderrall and go back to just taking caffeine due to the sleepiness.  So I discussed it with my therapist and my Dr and told them that I had did an experiment the last week of the first month of Adderall before discounting it.  I was taking 20 mg and it was making me so sleepy I was actually falling asleep at the keyboard at work!  So I tried cutting the dose in half for two days.  Still felt blah! I tried taking the two pills that were "30 mg" still blah!  I had maybe 8 left as I had not been taking it on my days off so I could get things done and I decided to take 2 pills, so 40 mg.  THAT is right where I needed to be!!!  So I made an appt with my Dr after talking to my therapist and here I am!  Icky mouth and stinky urine, concentrating like a heat seeking missle and switching from task to to task like a flying trapeze artist!  And the bonus is it might help me lose weight if I can remember to eat!  Right now I think my body is in starvation mode and I thought that maybe the smell was coming from Ketones, but I thought Ketones smelled fruity... so I was worried.  

Sorry to babble on, but I was diagnosed at about 4 or 5 with ADHD, and like most was told that all children out grow it.  Well I never did.  But I always saw ADHD as a gift.  I thought much faster than most people.  I had amazing ideas.  I am a 1.7 million mile safe truck driver.  But when I came to the office for a change of pace... the negatives of ADHD reared it's ugly head.  So at 42, I had the mandatory analysis done by the Psych dudes, and for the first time am on ADHD meds instead of trying to cope with it using caffeine, food and fish oil.  

I am amazed at the results and hopeful.  Thanks again for this information.  

The urine smell is because adderall dehydrates you and you will notice when you don't drink enough water your urine is always darker with a much stronger smell. Drink more water and this will go away immediately. You should also drink more water for health reasons being that the adderall is so dehydrating

The same exact thing is happening to me. I just started Adderall 2 weeks ago, and I have been mortified by the strong smell of my pee, and it's like I have a mouth full of metal.... Food is not as important as it was... I have lost 6 pounds.. I know your post was a long time ago, but I'm glad it's not just in my head. How has your experience been? Are you still on it?

I'm a young woman, on adderal recently and went to let everyone know that it can give you the metalic taste in your mouth. The reason for the weird taste is high sugar levels. If you are experiencing a weird taste in your mouth stop the adderal. It's not in your head.

I think this is a poor response to a valid concern. I too have the same issues, and an looking for answers.

I also have this metallic taste in the back of my mouth, mid to back of my tongue really. Can you elaborate on this about sugar level? I eat no sugar (paleo-ish diet for the most part) and had no sugar at all today other than one apple. Yesterday a few blueberries, this is over course of a day with a few big meals. As in are you saying sugar you've eaten or blood sugar or something being released ?

I really doubt it can be water as I'm drinking all day and peeing lots.

I've been having some bad side effects lately, and so have gone down to a 7mg to 15mg total for the last week day, and taken a full weekend off, (down from 30-50mg a day). and still get it. This is a new sideeffect for me.

The person I clicked reply to is not necessarily the person I am actually replying to with this comment.

Half of you people need to stop playing f*****g Doctor and Nurse and handing out pseudoscience statements you "feel" are correct. If you are going to go through the trouble of replying to someones question and actually try and help, at least research to make sure what you are saying isn't so absolutely absurd.

I saw many things in these comments, but the one that stuck out the most to me was kidneys don't filter poison that's the liver. Jesus who ever the f**k you are. Yeah, you're half right, but adderall is filtered by the kidneys. I think it's something like 60 - 80% unchanged excretion via the GU system. aka KIDNEYS.

Actually, one of the contraindication for adderall and most other stimulants is Pt's with renal failure. (Renal tubules is where a bulk of the liquid filtration happens in the kidneys) So tell me, why do you think that is if kidneys don't filter?

Go on yahoo or facebook and talk about how you saw a UFO but don't give (obviously un-researched medical knowledge to people actually asking hoping to be enlightened by someone that isn't pretending to know the answer, but someone that actually knows the answer.)

It IS the DEVIL.

Wrong one all accounts. Ever heard of penicillin? Metabolized and excreted extensively by the kidneys. How about metformin? The drug is not metabolized at all so no “first pass metabolism” and it is filter 100% by the kidneys.

Also, first pass metabolism is not limited to the liver. The GI tract also has a first pass effect, some drugs don’t make it to the liver at all (eg. catecholamines).

Don’t give advice about PK/PD and AUC when you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

adderall is poison. looks like you're on the payroll

*tips fedora a couple times*