Thanks for the inspirational words my friend.it is indeed a strange and overused easy way to get some sleep,but the overall damaging effects are not worth it!

I applauded Ed Cara of the GIZMODO who was the only journalist that challenged the response by the makers of Ambien when Roseanne Barr claimed she was having an Ambien moment while tweeting at 2AM. When I read thier smug reply I became so incensed, I felt the need to share my experience. Ashleigh Koss, A spokeswoman for the North America region for Sanofi said in a written statement, “People of all races, religions and nationalities work at Sanofi every day to improve the lives of people around the world. While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication”.

The company got cheers on social media and they received positive press for their declaration.
Ok, so that statement about racism may be true but can Ashleigh Koss really be sure that Ambien didn’t play a role in Roseann’s poor judgment that morning? That passive aggressive statement suitably deflected the fact that Ambien has negatively impacted the lives of far too many people of all races, religions, and nationalities as well. Unlike Ashely Koss, I am 100% convinced that if I had never taken Ambien, the course of my life would not have taken such a dark turn.
After successfully working for 2 fortunes 500 companies while living in New York City for many years I came to the realization that it was becoming too expensive to live. So, when I accepted a new sales position in Colorado I knew I was making the right decision. The hiring process was long and very competitive, but the entire experience was rewarding. My new company invested a great deal in me and I was very happy to return the favor.
When I moved to Colorado, I called my doctor’s office in New York and requested an Ambien prescription. I had it prescribed in the past and thought it would be useful while travelling. 2 months later I flew back to New York for a physical. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and not well rested, so I asked my doctor about Xanax. Because of the addicting qualities and symptoms of withdrawal, my doctor of 15 years advised me to stay with Ambien. I took his advice and he wrote me a 5- month prescription which at the time I thought was normal.
Fifteen months later almost to the day I started taking Ambien I lost my job. My company’s home office was in another state, so they chose to fire me in the lobby of a hotel not too far from my home. After being told I was terminated my boss and another colleague proceeded to take possession of my company laptop, corporate credit card and the keys to my company car. The whole ordeal took less than 30 minutes. I then took an uber ride home, laid down on my couch and didnt leave the apartment for over a week. At the time I was unable to process the events that lead to this day. It was an experience that I will never forget.
It was only after the termination when I decided to discontinue my use of Ambien. Since I no longer had a job and a prescription plan that allowed me the privilege of spending 22 cents for refills, I thought it wise to spend my money sparingly. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but this is when everything started to make sense. Every day without taking Ambien, things were becoming clearer. The one question I kept asking myself was how I could have screwed so many things up in just 2 short years of living in Colorado. I worked at a company for 22 years before leaving with an exceptional package and always excelled in my previous roles. The words termination and failure arent even a part of my vocabulary. One night I remembered something that hit me so hard it almost made me sick to my stomach. So, the next morning I did something that I should have done the first day that I got my prescription and searched the internet on the side effects of Ambien. After just a few short minutes of looking at my computer I saw something that knocked me on my ass. I read that paper with the small print attached to my first prescription and adhered to no alcohol or driving while taking it, but the one thing that jumped right off the screen at me was that Ambien can cause unemployment. What the hell does that even mean? I started shaking with emotion and I knew then, I seriously screwed up. My nightmare was just about to go into overdrive.
After seeing my doctor, I immediately started taking Ambien when I got back to Colorado. Just two weeks later I was unexpectedly given a written disciplinary warning for my job performance. It was a relatively entry level trade marketing position, so my initial reaction was shock, embarrassment, and denial. This was the first of many signs that I failed to recognize. If I had been wise enough, my problem could have been resolved immediately. I was extremely distressed over my situation that day, so when I went home that evening the first thing I thought about was taking Ambien before going to bed. From that day forward, I found myself taking a pill every evening.
With an endless amount of Ambien, I became dependent and felt that I needed it to fall asleep. I never had the tell-tale late- night episodes like cooking food or driving without recollection. I took Ambien as prescribed and still woke up every morning without an alarm. But after reading countless articles about this drug, and watching people taking it recreationally on You Tube I became infuriated. For SHORT TERM USE ONLY, (7 to 30 days without a consultation). After that first 5 -month supply I managed to get 2 more 5- month prescriptions by simply calling my doctor and requesting them. What the hell was he thinking? I have never gone back to him since.
At the end of each month when that bottle of pills was nearing the end, I wouldn’t relax until I got more. I realize now I was chasing after that euphoric sensation that accompanies Ambien before sleeping. I suffered all the side effects associated to Ambien that included the Inability to concentrate, disorientation, abnormal behavior, depression, poor cognitive skills, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, loss of appetite, impaired vision, depersonalization and Tinnitus. Until this day I can’t believe that perpetual loud ringing in my ears was drug induced. I had crying spells, constant agitation and overwhelming feelings despair. I stopped going to the gym and running at the local track. All I wanted to do was stay home and be alone. Every morning I couldn’t put one foot in front of the other without making an extra effort. One morning I can remember greeting a neighbor and making small talk before driving away. At that moment I was wearing a pair of $600.00 prescription glasses, but by the time I reached my destination, they were nowhere to be found. When I was in New York during Christmas my brother and sister-in law approached me with concern and asked me if I had a drinking problem. I later learned during that same visit, I would just get up and walk away in the middle of conversations. I can’t begin to imagine how abnormal my behavior must have been during those 15 months. I blamed these red flags on all the recent life changes that I made and was so foolish into believing I had everything under control.
After my initial disciplinary warning on the job, matters just became worse. I was functioning yet my ability to think clearly was compromised from taking Ambien the night before. Subsequently I realize my behavior changed drastically. The experience felt almost surreal. I found it more and more difficult to articulate my words and because of this my anxiety grew stronger. I was forgetful, disoriented, and suspicious. I would say things that were completely out of context. It felt as though I was on the outside looking in, watching myself screwing things up and not having the ability to do anything about it. I knew something was profoundly wrong, but at the time I felt I was doing well enough to get by and would eventually get back on track. In retrospect I didn’t have a fighting chance. I have nothing but praise for the company that terminated my employment. The person they hired was certainly not the same person they fired.
Ambien is the only thing that has ever been prescribed to me. I have always been a strong advocate against drugs, yet I allowed this disgusting chemical to wreak havoc on my life. The irony about this is that I seriously thought of getting on anti-depressants, but I was too nervous about the side effects that went along with them. Some of the most stressful moments in a person’s life can include starting a new job, moving to a different state, losing a loved one and having conflict with loved ones or colleagues. I basically put myself behind the wheel of a car and drove directly into a brick wall at 100 miles per hour. Even though there were many contributing factors, I take full responsibility for being so reckless in my lack of judgment and inability to recognize the consequences of taking Ambien. However, I do place blame on the pharmaceutical for-profit industry as well as the makers of this drug. The cost for each prescription was $118.30 yet my out of pocket expense was only 22 cents. Why a 5-month prescription? Why was it so easy to get 2 more 5- month prescriptions by simply calling my doctor’s office? If my doctor of 15 years had taken just a few moments to ask me how I was feeling and discussed the potential consequences of taking Ambien longer than 30days, I would have stopped it immediately. The power of addiction is what kept me calling for more. I find it interesting that many Toxicologists believe Ambien should be a schedule II drug, yet it remains a schedule IV and is still the number one selling sleeping pill on the market today. Ashley Koss failed to mention that her company has made billions in profits from the sale of this hypnotic drug.
.
The warnings that are attached to the packaging for Ambien are ineffective and that practice of signing a consent for consultation at the local pharmacy is laughable. No one should be able to get more than a 30- day prescription without a careful evaluation and stringent supervision by a competent doctor. I have been Ambien free for well over a year and a half, but I still wake up every morning with the feeling of regret. 2 years of my life has been erased and I am still waiting for someone to tell me that it was just a dream. Unfortunately, it was more like a nightmare and it was real. I wouldn’t even have taken the time to write about my personal experience had it not been for Sanofi S.A pharmaceutical mocking Roseanne Barr. Ashely Koss, thank you for clarifying your company’s position on racism, but you failed to mention one important factor, Ambien can have hazardous effects on people’s physical health, phycological- wellbeing, job performance, and home life.

Testing testing testing

Hello. my girlfriend of last 18 months takes Ambien. Im not sure of actual amount ( she lies about all of it, most often ) But she did she numbers like 10, 15 maybe even 20 a day. Been to re- hab 4 times. Still using, but lying about all aspects of her life. Help

Good Afternoon I have been off ambien for just about 3 months still experiecing symptoms. I will like to chat