You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about!!! Do u that no being an addict for one year makes you the utmost authority on the subject?! The memory loss is from the AMBIEN! Read about it!!! Telling people to take suboxone with it before going to bed is idiotic!!! Suboxone should be taken the morning! It’s long lasting and will take 2-3 DAYS before withdrawls start! Suboxone and AMBIEN is really DANGEROUS! Don’t listen to people like this!!!

First off, congratulations! And second, ambien definitely causes memory loss. I am on ambien and that's all. No benzos or anything like that and I do lots of things I dont remember until my husband tells me or shows me a video. So yeah, Ambien does do that.

I know this is an old post but I am curious. Hoping someone, if the original writer isn't around, can shed some light for me. I have been through way many more withdrawls in my lifetime than I care to admit and have read and studied on the subject a lot. I have never really heard anyone have the magic book that tells how long one's withdrawl will be. I know, for me, when I finally did get clean and went all the way through to the point where i felt alive and could function as a contributing human being, it took me a good 6 months. The horrible physical stuff..u know..hot/cold, no sleep, skin crawling, diarrhea, puking etc..lasted for a good 3 weeks. My addiction started with lortab/ norco... But ended 5 yrs later with over 400mg oxycontin or 600mg morphine a day. I guess I always figured the amount of narcotics I was ingesting had everything to do with how long it took to get through the withdrawl. In those days suboxene was in it's infant stages and since I lived in Alaska at the time, there was only 1 dr who could even perscribe it. And his office was a 4 hr drive one way from where I lived. So that wasn't an option. I got through that horrible time in my life on my own..and I will never, ever go back down that long, dark road again. I thought I would die, as horrible as I felt..but no..I didn't die, just wished every minute of every day that God would just take me on..Anyway. I think the reason for my post, originally was about the length of time necessary to withdraw/detox off of opiates. I would love to hear any info anyone may have on this subject because I have a lot of people ask me how long it will take for them to feel better. I would love nothing more than to be able to give them an accurate idea ( i realize there are a l lot of variables) of what to expect based on where they have been as opposed to basing it on my own horror story ( I swear..there were times during my withdrawl I was convinced I wasn't EVER gonna feel good again) Back then..2005, there was no help, nowhere to turn, no one to talk to. It was close ro impossible to get in -patient rehab unless u had insurance, which of course when I lost my job due to my addiction I no longer had. I was on the phone one day trying to find someone, anyone who might be able to help me. I got a nurse on the phone and this was as good as the advice got back then...." "Oh honey..you'll be fine. It'll be just be like having the worst flu of your life for about 30 days and then youll be just fine." REALLY?!?!??!?!?!?!?! I will never forget hearing those words! Ok..so yeah...anyway...I NEVER post on these sights. Usually just read others' srories but somethimg compelled me to this morning.Maybe someone needed to read something I wrote or maybe someone can enlighten me so the next time someone asks me how long their withdrawl should last I will have better info to tell them.I live my life, today, clean and sober thanks to God's amazing grace. I know how it felt when I needed help the most during the darkest time in my life and there being literally no place to turn how devastating that was. I try to be there for anyone who needs me but especially have an empathetic heart for struggling addicts and try to be as helpful as I can when one reaches out to me. Knowing what to expect helps me when faced with a situation..and let me tell u..that month long flu kept on going and going and going...Thanks for reading.. Be blessed!

I just asked a local great pharmacist about these two . He said no they are alright together but , that you may not feel the ambien . If you can't feel it and it doesn't work for the sleep problem then quit taking it with your subs he said because it's pointless if you can't feel it !

Sounds like you’re lucky enough to never have had a serious injury and become dependent on the meds they give you.