Contributor
HI Martha, not sure if you still visit here.... how are you doing since this last post?
I had a great 4 weeks and thought I was finally home free. the last few days have been rough !!!

Contributor
LOL that's me at present... anxious about being anxious and also wondering whether its really hormonal or not. Like I was telling my hubby this morning... that's when all this started, before that I was fine..... just the thought of continuing like this makes me so tired, like its too much effort

Contributor
Yes , that's exactly where the problem lies as the adrenal are responsible for hormone production... its a complicated process but yes , that's why recovery is so long

Contributor
Totally hear you !!! I was just the same for 2- 3 months too.... month 4 was hard but I was at least not afraid to sleep and wake up anymore. Month 5 and I felt like my normal self again... a little nervousness here and there but not terrible.... curren month is currently rough the last few days.

Contributor
i'm also scared of getting pregnant because what if all this comes back after having the baby or what if it happens during the pregnancy etc.

Contributor
Yes.... i'm there at the moment like just feeling hopeless and really really down and have no reason to feel like that. Its weird, I get excited about doing stuff with my hubby and seeing my family and friends but then I feel so tired with living if that makes sense and that is what's scaring me at the moment.

Contributor
Thanks for the reminder and te encouragement... so needed it today.... today is really rough... cant even eat although I've managed to swallow something here and there

Does anyone else feel really out of it before their period? Like major brain fog.. can't think straight? This is my worst symptom. It starts after ovulation and ends after my period, so I only get half the month feeling more clear headed. It feels like I have dementia and I can't stand it.

Yes this happened to me sooo much during the first months. I would always forget things quickly, sometimes I couldn’t even form a sentence properly lol it was stressful but I’ve improved a lot and my memory has also come back. Don’t worry you’ll be okay!! It all fades away over time

Contributor
Yes I had that too ... very bad! I started taking pre and pro biotics and that helped SO MUCH Omega 3's as well

Hi there,

I found this post saved on my phone from a year ago. I had been on birth control and had severe anxiety attacks all day long. I couldn't go to work. I could barely function. I constantly thought something bad was going to happen to me. It was the worst thing I have ever been through. It frightens me now to think of how I was a completely different person. I found your post during that time and it was the only thing that kept me going. I would read it every couple days just to remember someone out there understood and made it through. It was the only thing that gave me hope at that time. Thank you so much.

Hey do you still get anxiety a year on?

Has anyone taken a hormone test? dried urine, saliva, or blood? Since i'm assuming most of us have a hormone imbalance from taking a pill, i'm curious to know what's up with mine. I want to do the DUTCH test but it's pricey.

I did blood tests and my ranges came back low BUT the things is that they still fell within the required parameters except my progesterone..... you would need to deal with an endocrinologist, they will be much more help than a normal GP.... they will know what to look for as they will test your sex hormones, thyroid and stress hormones etc... a GP will just test for sex hormones and tell you everything is ok

I have a huge fear that I now have PMDD now. I'm on month 3 but don't feel much better. Somebody please reassure me this gets easier :(