Resident
it gets better sweetie!!!!! month you will see that with each cycle it gets easier.... the mood thing will clear ...gradually but it WILL. I also wondered for a bit whether I was struggling with it too but its gotten better for sure. Are you taking any meds or natural stuff to help?

Thank you so much ! I take Prozac and sometimes I take some supplements but I find they don't help very much during my period. I made the mistake of trying birth control again for 6 days after being off for 2 cycles and now I kind of feel like i'm starting over again.

Resident
Yeah a few ladies have voiced that they decided to go back on bcp and it made them feel worse. Supplements are one of those things that you have to take daily for at least 3 months. B vitamins in particular, see if you can get yourself a combo of B1, B2, B5 B6 and B12 and then see if you can also get a natural hormone balancer from a health shop or something. But you need to stick to it for at least 3 months to help your body. Healing takes time. Magnesium at night to help the nervous system and Omega 3 to bring down inflammation in your body.

Does anyone get bad allergies on their period? I think I am producing way too many prostaglandins since coming off the pill.. i'm so miserable.

I also had allergies- on my first period off BC my body came up in hives. I've had hives a few times since coming off. No idea what triggered it!

Resident
Your immune system takes a knock. Hives is a stress reaction.... I got cold sores last month and this month I got a full on cold with cold sores ... a higher than normal dose of Vit C will help during your fertile window... that when our immune system is most vulnerable apparently.

Hey! Not sure if you’re gonna see this but how are you doing now, have you fully recovered? I’m a year and 6 months off the pill that I was only on for 6 months, and I’m still kinda trying to shake the anxiety this whole experience has given me. Granted I had mild anxiety in the past that I was able to manage on my own but this has been HELL lol I just want to be recovered.

My daughter has been on Lexapro for anxiety for the past 3 years and that worked UNTIL now ... she went off the pill over a month ago and her controlled anxiety is now out of control ... I’m assuming, from what all of you said, that discontinuing the pill is causing her problem ... as her mother, it was good to read your comments.