Whatever box is on sale at the grocery store.
Wine in a box? Ok...I guess I am a wine snob.. I have been to a couple of wine tastings after all..

I trust experts.

We are always experimenting.

Having been raised in an Italian family and spent time in Italy, I gravitate towards Italian wines. You can get any wine to complement any meal. I am familiar with the wines so I know pretty much what I want.

Favorite white is: "Fontana Candida" from Frascati one of the hill towns of Rome. Light, sweet goes GREAT with shrimp and scallops.

Favorite reds are Valpolicella and Barolo.

Hint: you can tell from the Italian name of a wine wether it will be "light" or a "heavy" presence at a meal. The suffix "ella", "ello" will denote a lighter wine. A suffix like "olo" or "ero" will denote a more robust wine.

Italian wines: they're not just Chianti.

I really like a good Reisling.
:1: I prefer mine on the sweet side. Also any wine made with vignole grapes (sweet white). The pretty bottle is also a choosing method I use, but it isn't reliable.

I like full bodied reds with a lot of spice and wood.

Gimme a nice Shiraz/Syrah and I'm happy.

That's right, I said wood. 8)

Wine in a box?(IMAGE) Ok...I guess I am a wine snob.. I have been to a couple of wine tastings after all..
Don't laugh. Wine in a box is starting to be upscale. Some of the major vineyards are going that route. Think about it, the very nature of the foil bag thingy prevents oxidation and keeps the wine fresher longer. Don't believe me? Take a trip to Total Wine (if there's one in your area). You'll be surprised to see that boxed wine is "all the rage". (This from my wine snob BIL who, coincidently, started finding *very* good wines available in box form)

I'm enjoying the blackberry wine that I bottled back in december. I'm looking forward to the pear/peach wine that I started in january, which i expect will be ready about june. it will be a nice, light summer wine, perhaps a bit on the dry side.
I just started a mongrel wine: 4 cans of welch's concord grape concentrate mixed with 6 cans of welch's white grape concentrate. I expect to bottle that in sept-oct.

if you like a sweet wine, a niagara, or pink catawba is nice. they are more of a dessert wine. Reds tend to be heavier and go well with very strong dishes: beef, etc. whites tend to go well with lighter meats and fishes as a rule, but there are always exceptions.

I like a good riesling.

and don't forget that you can cook with wine too. I bought tilapia fillets last week and used some light, dry strawberry wine that I made last summer. seal the fillet inaa foil packet with butter, garlic, wine, diced tomatoes and bake for 10-15 minutes. it's incredibly easy and delicious. hearty red wines added to tomato/meat sauce for pasta is fantastic.

ive just recently started drinking wine. i definately like red better than white.

i usually let the stbmr's father pick whatever im drinking, but if im buying, i usually pick up a shiraz.