I got another milex diaphragm now I have one in my night stand and in my husbands .If think he is going to want sex I put it in me before we go to bed. if he wants to make love in the middle of the night he will get his diaphragm out and I will spread my legs out and pull my nightgown up while he is inserting it. this works good for us.

Yes! 43 years old and use both Caya and flex diaphgram. Hormon free. Get a while to get used and recommend.
Good luck! :)

dear carol -I am 46 yo and my husband is 48 yo we have been using a milex wide-seal diaphragm for 2 years.i really like this method because I have no side effects. I have one in my night stand and my husband has one in his. he can put it in me in less than 2 minutes in a darkbedroom. we both like this method and he tells me that sometimes his penis hits the diaphragm and it feels so good to him.

yes I am married 30 yo and my husband and I have 2 children and 3 years ago I got fitted with a diaphragm and both my husband and I love using this method without any bad side effects..also I may add that my mother who is 49 yo has been using a diaphragm for many years. most of the time she lets daddy put it in her.

I came across this site while looking for information on how to tilt the odds to have a boy; we have two girls now. I am 39 and we have been using a diaphragm for about 12 years now. I am happy with the method and we have had no accidents. I switched permanently to a diaphragm because I believe I have more sexual desire off the pill. We certainly have intercourse much more frequently than my pill days! It does require attention to detail to avoid accidents, though. The contraceptive jelly is getting hard to find and expensive so that is another negative. I started with a 75mm which is the most common size. I went up to 80mm after my second child. If we manage to have a third it will be by cesarean section.

I have a routine that I follow to avoid the "just this once" pregnancy. I keep all my diaphragm stuff in the bathroom and I insert it most nights when I brush my teeth. I leave the case open so my husband knows I am wearing it and it is a non verbal clue I would like to have sex. As with another poster, I always have my diaphragm in on weekends in case we have a chance for a quickie. If my husband wants me when he gets home from work he just asks me do go put it in and we do it with clothes on usually with me bent over a chair or the bed in the bedroom. We use the modified method described by another poster. After foreplay, my husband inserts an applicator of foam or jelly into me before he mounts me. He usually uses the foam because he has more friction than with the jelly. I also use a diaphragm to hold back the flow for sex during my period.

I almost forgot, the other time that I often put it in is if we are going out for the evening and I am sexual. I carry the foam and applicator in my purse. One never knows when the opportunity for a quickie might happen. On reflection, the pill and the IUD might take less effort but I will stick with my diaphragm.

My mom was a diaphragm user and she always douched when she took hers out after sex. I do the same using folding travel syringe I bought in the U.K. I use vinegar and water. If I don't get a protein injection, I just pull it out in the shower and wear a liner. The douche thing is probably just a habit but it avoids the sticky goo that in my case often overwhelms a liner and I have to wear a pad to keep my undies clean. I also worry about detectable sex odor from the leakage especially in the summer. I can tell by smell when a couple of my girl friends have had a recent protein injection! When we have sex in the morning I usually leave it in until I get home from work. Once in a while it will start to bother me at work and I will pull it out in the ladies room. If I am going to the gym after morning sex, I douche with a stronger vinegar and water mix and leave the diaphragm in until the time is up. A liner is OK at the gym but a pad even a thin one can show or worse a big wet spot in the wrong place. Leakage is definitely more of an issue than when I was on the pill. I only douched after my period then, perhaps two mornings a month. My husband likes to take watch me in the morning. For some reason, that turns him on.

I became sexually active, early, when I was 16. I went on the pill then and I stayed on the pill until I got married and we wanted to start a family. After delivery, I breast fed and my husband used condoms. He had no problem with using them but I never liked them when I was single and used them for STD protection. I thought about an IUD but decided not go that route. My mom is the one who recommend I try a diaphragm. I was familiar with the basics of using one since my mom, grandmother and her sisters all used diaphragms. It was pretty obvious in the days when many houses had one bathroom. Our family summer house on Cape Ann had 7 bedrooms and only one full bathroom. It was common when 4 or 5 families were there in August to see several douche syringes drying a diaphragm left in the shower or by the sink. At home my mom never really made any attempt to hide her diaphragm. The diaphragm, introducer and jelly were in a drawer in the sink vanity. If she was wearing it, the open case and introducer would be by the sink on a hand towel. Her " feminine syringe" that is what she called it was either in the shower, drying on a towel rack or hanging under her robe on the back of the bathroom door. My earliest recollection of seeing the rubber disk was when I was about seven and it was in a bra cup on top of the close hamper. For several years, my sister and I thought it was used to stop a women from leaking milk. I did not really understand what its true purpose was until my sister had her first period and we got the full story. Before that, I sort of knew about intercourse but I thought people only "did it" when they wanted children.

I am ashamed to say that once I found out the truth, I spied on my mom's diaphragm usage to figure out how often they had sex. My observations led me to the conclusion of more than 7 times a week which was far above the number in the Kinsey report. My mom found the note book I kept the data in and she was not happy! I thought I had coded everything so no one could figure out what it recorded. In return for a promise not to try to record her sex life, she clued me in to the fact that just because the diaphragm was in it did not mean she had intercourse every time; but rather she often put it in just in case or on the expectation of a morning quickie. I finally figured out that she rarely douched when she removed the diaphragm in the morning unless she had sex the night before.

my husband likes me to use a diaphragm for b.c. because it feels good to him. I have no problem using it while it takes a little more time putting it in me I have no side effects from using the milex wide-seal diaphragm. my husband tells me that when his penis hits the diaphragm it is a wonderful feeling to him. also I have switched to using contra gel on the inside of the dome and the wide seal lets me use more jel for better protection. katie

I am a happily married woman 43 yo with a very active sex life. for the past 11 years my husband and I have been using a milex wide seal diaphragm, with contragel. I really like this method of bc because I have had no side effects like I had when using the bc pill. we have diaphragms in my night stand and one in my husbands.he can put it in me just as good as I can. for the last 6 months I have been using the caya diaphragm , since both of my children were born by C-section the caya diaphragm seems a little to big for me , but I think I will keep on trying it for another few months because it is so easy to pull out of me in the morning when I get up.

I am 28 years old and have been using a diaphragm for 4 years . my husband likes this method and just recently I started using the new CAYA diaphragm, we both enjoy this new method of b.c. that does not have any side effects

hi- my husband and I have been using the new caya for over 8 mo. and we both love it. I am similar to you both my children were born by C-section and my husband tells me that I have a small and tight vagina. but what he likes about the caya is that his penis rubs it during sex and he tells me that it is such a wonderful feeling to him as he rubs against it. while it seems a little to big for me I feel that my cervix is protected from any sperm getting to it.

I have a diaphragm I use when I don’t want a condom. Never got pregnant on it or with a condom alone. I always use spermicide with it. Rarely I combined it with a condom to be extra sure. Honestly, it really works well for me. It’s a cheap reusable method you don’t need constant refills for. It’s non hormonal so it doesn’t affect your mood, weight or sex drive. It doesn’t interfere with the sensation while having sex as condoms do. It’s decent protection against pregnancy. It doesn’t break or slip off as a condom may. I wouldn’t recommend it to a woman who is not in a committed relationship. It increases your chances of catching an std as it needs to be used with spermicide. It’s not difficult to put on. It’s not uncomfortable to keep on. I just wouldn’t leave it there more than needed to avoid infections. The American Cancer Association explained birth control pills increase your chances of getting breast cancer. I know they reduce the risk of ovarian cancer. I don’t see why prefer hormonal methods when non hormonal methods are available to choose from, but again, that is my opinion. I am 36 years old.

dear carol- I am 44 yo married and just started using the new caya diaphragm 10 months ago. since we have 2 children 24 and 20 I certainly don't want any more. but using the new caya I feel I am in control of my body and I have no side effects. if I feel that my husband wants sex I will put it in me brfore I go to bed and if I don't have it in me my husband can put it in me in just a few minutes in a dark bed room. he just gets it out of his night stand puts contragel on it and tells me to spread my legs and pull my night up as he puts in. he also knows how to feel my cervix to tell if it in the right place. we both love this method of b.c.

my husband and I have been using the caya for about 1 year . I am 32 yo and my husband is 35 and we have sex at least 3 times a week . our children are 13 and 11 years old and we certainly don't need any more . since it would be me who gets pregnant I have all the confidance in using the caya for birth control and I have not had any of the bad side effects that I had while using 3 different types of bc pills and 2 different types that were inserted in me.. while both of my children were born by C-section the fits in me all right while it is a little tight. we plan on using the caya for many years .

Carol when to insert diaphragm
The ideal situation is to use various forms of contraception. Use what ever suits the occasion The diaphragm should be fitted as a part of fore play Masturbate her to a couple of orgasms, Then insert the already prepared diaphragm. If there is not time I wear a condom. The diaphragm will force contraceptive into the cervical canal
if you repeat within 6 hours Use an applicator of contraceptive foam