Thank you so much for the information.

Sitting in warm bath really saved .Me and it will get better

I had a sigmondectomy 3months ago was having mucus in my bowels a lot my Surgent gave me a prescription of (CHOLESTYRAMINE 4 grams) generic for Questran. Life has been so much better . No more running to the bathroom or worrying about having an accident or just staying home because there will be a line at the bathroom in public. Ask your doctor about this. I’m still testing foods and some still are bad but glad I get to eat more than mashed potatoes eggs n chicken all the time.

Thank you semicolon very much for your helpful posts. I am in a similar situation and now in the process of finding which foods work for me....I am using many of your suggestions and find that most of the foods you suggest also work for me.
Have you had any success with finding alcoholic beverages that work for you? I really miss having a glass of wine or a beer or a gin and tonic and am hoping that eventually I can enjoy these again.
Also, have you tried any kind of green salads? I so hope that those won't be banned forever.
Thank you

Do u take it once a day? When? Morning or night?
Are u still getting up at night to go?

How are you now

You are a wealth of information and experience. I’m just starting out on this journey with surgery scheduled this week. I’ll be holding on to your comment “being alive and feeling better “ thank you. Grammy from Ca. 4/8/18

this really helped me i had my surgery april 4th 2018 i am experiencing some discomfort and i think it was what i was eating, regular plain yogurt, celery, prunes, apples. which i thought was ok because of the fiber but learning that i need to stay away from high fiber. thank you and im going to take a look at the above link you mentioned.

Been a week ago today with colon resection I was told 4-6 small meals a day no raw fruits or vegetables only fruit I could have is a banana. Can have cooked fruits and cooked vegetables. After so many weeks slowly introduce corn, beans, peas etc to the diet. Limited amount of milk or dairy products. Red meats a no no. I’m been eating noodles with broth, chicken noodles soups, mash potatoes a very soft diet for now. I hope after a year things are better for you.

Thank u so much for sharing. Having so many problems with pain, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea and now bleeding. I am now 6 mos resection. Colon removed 9 mos. My docs r no help. Feeling all alone.

I have done all the test, and more colonoscopy than you can shake a stick at. They sent me to pain management too...it's been 9 years and I fight the big "d" and pain and gas troubles to this day. I am sorry but once you've had surgery u think the word normal disappeared. Keep a journal, find your triggers and watch food carefully...most of all keep positive, this is a struggle.

I had ascending colon removed and went on chemo I was eating lots of beans and lentils during chemo that was 8 years ago , now I can eat anything.

Thank you for details!

Appreciate the information you have put forth. best wishes going forward.

Thank you!!!!!! I ordered the book today - my surgery is Wednesday. Taking out almost all of my colon. I know all this information will be so helpful. Ugh...not looking forward to this lifestyle change. Oh well. Better than the alternative.