New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

YES!!! I quit taking anti-depressants (after 25 years) and have the same sound in my head when moving my eyes left to right. I also feel a tingling sensation in my brain when moving my eyes (sort of dizziness). Someone above hit the nail on the head when they said the sound in their head was like a star wars "light sabre" being activated. Very annoying.

Happy and relieved to hear that the swishiness has stopped. I stoped taking my SSRI's about 3 days ago weened for a week from 50mg to 25mg then stopped all together. I noticed the sound when I moved my eyes as well. It's very irritating. Hoping with exercise and balanced diet it will eliminate the symptoms!

Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year

Yep. Atypical migraines with the same symptoms here too. It took about three years before the doctor was finally like, "Sounds like atypical migraines." Since I have chronic sinusitis, allergies and migraines, it was the first thing they thought of! I started taking a daily migraine preventative, and it's completely cleared up.

Both of my Children have this exact click when they look to one side.
My daughters muscles stopped allowing her to look up on the right eye a year ago and they diagnosed her with Brown Syndrome(which basically means they don’t know why it occurs or how to treat it). We also have tried craniosacral and vision therapy. When she is on a strong sinus supplement protocol, she can occasionally get the eye to go up with a very loud click and it really hurts after. My sons click doesn’t restrict the movement it is just annoying to him when he looks right. Unfortunately he does all the time as a habit like when someone cracks their knuckles.

I seem to have something similar myself, where, if I move my eyes (or entire head) from left to right I hear a clicking/swooshing kind of noise which I can only describe by the sound of shaking a metal rice pot or the clicking sound a bike wheel makes when moving slowly

Just chiming in to say me too. When I was on venlafaxine (Effexor), I always knew when I’d forgotten to take my pill in the morning because by evening, my eyes would be making a clicking noise every time I blinked or moved them—it was an odd mechanical noise, almost like a camera shutter. When I was weaning off the drug and for a couple weeks after, the symptom persisted. It finally went away probably 2-3 weeks after I came completely off it.

Yes yes this is exactly what's happening with me. Did you find out why?

Thank U for sharing. Was not advised by Dr. to ween myself off Celebs. Went cold turkey and three weeks later having your same symptoms. I've tried to explain to wife what I am going through. TY u. Come on 6months