I have the same problem!! I get into my second drink maybe and my upper back and shoulders are killing me to the point I won’t drink anymore and all I can think about is the pain. I’ve realized that it usually only happens when I’m drinking frozen mixed drinks? I’d be so relieved to get an answer this has been happening for years

So glad to have read this post as I have had this problem since I was 16. Everytime I would drink higher content of alcohol I would get this really bad upper back pain. It’s so bad, I’d even cry sometimes. It would usually relieve after 30minutes to an hour. I mentioned this to a doctor or two but since it’s an upper back pain they don’t seem to find it alarming. Although I don’t any problems with beer and wine, tonight, I had 2 glasses of wine (Gossips Sweet Lips) and just experienced that horrible upper back pain again up to my right shoulder blade.