Can anyone suggest a good, fast way to liver detox after drinking for several years? How does the liver re-heal itself? What are the signs? Any input would be appreciated. I finally want to be healthy again, and I need all the help I can get!

I would say the best way is to do a liver and bile flush. I had bile stones that had congested my liver and blocked my bile duct. try looking for the website curezone. That should help.

Milk Thistle -- google it, its a natural remedy, but the only one actually proven to improve liver function. Also, drink lots of water, stay away from caffeine and tylenol (take IB profin instead).

I have been an alcoholic for 7 years and tried many times to quit drinkinking. The only thing I have found to work is orthomolecular treatment for alcoholism. I have never heard of this before until this fall and decided to try it because I had to quit drinking for dui classes I was required to attend. Basically, this treatment is treating the body with vitamins. This includes high daily doses of vitamin b, high hourly doses of vitamin c (until saturation occurs), a multi vitamin 2 times daily, l-glutamine, high dose of niacin (I took 1-2 g daily for a week then dropped down to 500mg - 1g) , lecithin, and chromium picolinate. I also added calcium w/ vitamin d and omega-3. Also Sam-e for depression. I did a lot of research on niacin and have found it immensely helpful for cravings. I must add niacin causes flushing but you get used to it. Also I found niacin works better than niacinamide which doesn't cause flushing. I couldn't believe that I actually even quit smoking unintentionally. I just simply had no desire to smoke anymore. Also I researched vitamin c because of the high doses. I have found that high doses can cure many diseases and also will detox the body. For alcohol, I have read it takes 40 g. Do not take it all at once. I take 10g a day for 4 days then I drop down to my usual dose of 4-5g daily. This protocol has helped me more than I hoped for. I would consult a physician if you have any medical conditions.

zaronia wrote:

Your post was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time.
I am especially interested in the niacin.......Sharon

Stop drinking, eat raw veg and juices with coffee enemas

Can you just drink the coffee?

There are no short cuts. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed. The liver is the one and only organ that can heal itself, but will require absolutely no drinking for at least six months. Tylenol and Vicodin for example are extremely toxic to the liver as well as others. So best to stay as clean from medications as possible, healthy diets of good protein and vegetables. Carbs/ sugar overload are also not good for the liver.

the best supplement i have seen and actually used is LIV.52, this product actually reduces liver enzymes and helps restore a healthy liver.  good luck

ibuprofen is no better than acetomifin (Tylenol) for  the liver) aspirin if you must 

Do you cool the coffee off first?