My 7 month old has had a very deep dent in his skull on the left hand side (not on the right like most people commented above). It is very long and the vein is very big and bulges out quite scarily. Am so glad I found your comments here. I worry if he has a head injury, the bleeding will be more profound due to the vein being very superficial. Does anyone have any update please from a doctor? Does it improve with age?

My 5 month old has the same, a blue line running over a suture on the right side of his head. The suture goes from the top of the head to behind his ear! I was going to bring him to the doctors tomorrow! Was very worried! Thanks everyone for posting about it!

Soooo glad I managed to find information on this I wasn't sure if I was overeacting like usual!!! My noticed this exact blue indented Vein looking thing on my 6 month old that leads to hear soft spot!!! I was scared something was wrong from an accidental head bump we had a while ago I didn't know what to think if her brain was bleeding or what but I've done Google overload n I know now it's fine just her skull still coming together n probably the of the brain showing through!! Now I've read a lot about bulges of soft spots being something to worry about if this blue indent was bulging I would go see a doctor immediately!! But I can't speak for anyone else just something to consider!

Ik it's been awhile since yall have posted but incase this helps someone else my daughter has the same thing and I felt my head and have it in the same exact spot as her and it's never gave me problems

This has happen to my grandson. We got an ultra sound done. Turned out to be pretty serious. Waiting for MRI now. He got diagnosed with Vein of Galen malformation that some neonatal aged children die from. Get it checked.

My 4 and a half month, baby girl has the same thing. It looks like a blue vein but feels indented. It's on her left side.... But as i look at her it's on my right. I wonder if that's where the left/right confusion has come from. Health visitor said that if all else was normal it was unlikely to be cause for concern. Glad to hear that the general consensus from peds and gps is that it's nothing to worry about!

Just noticed this on a 11 month old baby ?? How can u not notice this??

Look up coronal sutures. This is what I think ur LOL has. My son has the same and he's 5 months

Hi... I was just wondering how did it goes with your little one ...im having tje same issue on my little man right now and just freaking oit feeling those veins on his headi hope you answer

I am from México and i can't find any kind of information in spanish. My 2 months baby has the same vein and doctors dont give me an answer.