The same thing happens to me. I don't have a gal bladder. Never been diagnosed with any of these problems. I was scared I was the only one with this problem.

Just wanted to follow up with the posts here and i've honestly googled this before due to how scary it is and came up empty, I guess i didn't know the magic query. Going on for 15-20 years, only happens a few times a year, near impossible to troubleshoot which foods, excessive dairy will sometimes do it, but mostly i get your run of the mill consitpation / lact intolerance with that. An episode happened tonight at easter dinner as i'm writing this post just a few hours later. Same symptons, temp drops, cold sweats, dripping/drenched have to rip off clothes, sight sound imparied bowel movement imparied. Cold/tile floor seems to help as well, at times you can't make it back to the throne (and you dont want to happen outside of your personal laboratory). Yelling helps and you are almost convinced to contact the ER or end it right then and there, and sorry to hear others and used to think it was only me. Have talked to doctors and they just generalize it typically.

One thing that I never even thought of until reading some of the helpful posts was dyhydration. I've been in a rough patch so i ignored proper hydration for just about the longest i've ever done, however at easter I pretty much finished a 2-liter of lemonade on the spot. Immediately after I had an attack. And yes, I would agree with most that it's a dealthy pain that makes you contemplate going trough it. I hope this helps others. I dont think i'd ever let myself get that deyhdrated after hearing but im sure it's not a cure-all and that is unfortunate for me and many.

I believe this happens when you're constipated then ate or drink something acidic or high in vitamin c such as Orange juice or wine, the quick reaction from the acid dissolves anything that you ate prior then force it to come out, however since you're constipated there are still hard stool blocking the way causing a reaction and sends a signal to your body to expel it, some fluids/acids/stool may be traveling back up causing you to feel nauseous and dizzy.
There is no such thing as IBS or whatever scientific name you have..it's all man made and you're the one doing it to your body. Drink plenty of water and fluids with electrolytes and you won't have this issues.

I have this happen to me once a year or so. I've even fallen and pooped in a bathtub once many years ago as I was so delirious and sweaty from pain.

I am a female, mid-20s, no particular diet or allergies that I know of.

Like others have said, I can usually feel it coming at night when I'm in bed, maybe 20 minutes before I force myself to go to the washroom. I immediately begin to sweat and shiver, I remove all my clothes and keel over from the pain. It takes about an hour for the whole process to end as it takes a while for the blockers to pass so that the liquid poop can be expelled. Repeat a few times.

Omg thank you all! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I wish we knew what caused this?!

I too have this issue. almost weekly. Sometimes I truly believe I'll die on the toilet. Even last night I had 911 typed into my phone just Incase... I've only been to the doctors for it once probably about 10 years ago .. where it was shrugged off as IBS and told to take miralax everyday for the rest of my life.. (which didn't didn't stop it). The attacks still come. Still in intense pain for 40+ minutes a pop. Drained of all energy.. making promises to god that I'll never do anything bad in my life again if it just stops (and I'm not even a religious person!) my question is... why is this so hard to diagnose??? I went through all 10 pages of comments here and no one has an official diagnosis / cure / way to prevent this .....

I am going to ask to have allergy testing done. I really wonder if it's a diary or gluten causing the issue.

This happens to me a few times a year, and occasionally is so severe it is even worse than when I had kidney stones or gave birth to my children. I just had the worst episode yet, it was three times in a row with a break each time when I thought it was over. My mom has this and says it's IBS, but after reading some of these posts I really wonder about that. I'll be fine for weeks, months, and then it hits me. Usually in the morning, but I worry it will start at work. Such a horrendous condition, fainting at the same time you have the extreme need to poop! I'm amazed there are no answers for this, seeing how many others have it.

This happens to me about once every two months, I have been dealing with it for years. I think it is levator ani syndrome. I also I have a solution that works for me. Last night was one of my worst episodes in years because I thought I could wait it out, I ended up on the floor it was so bad, it reminded me how bad it was before I found my solution. What I experience is a spasm of muscles and nerves in my anus, and it has nothing to do with needing to go to the bathroom or what you ate. I use a glycerin suppository at the very first twinge of pain. I pace in my kitchen for at least 10 minutes (it is painful, but better than the alternative). Then I let myself defecate. It is almost instant relief. And while it is still painful, it is a whole lot better than letting it run it's course. If I wait too long the glycerin suppositories don't work, so you have to get up and do it at the very first twinge of pain. I hope this helps someone.

Well, glad to see I'm not alone in my suffering! I can relate to all of you, the pain, usually around 2 am, shaking, passing out but not always, cold and sweaty but hot, moaning, nauseous till I have a bowel movement that starts as solid then to diarrhea. I don't know why we are experiencing this but I do know the pain and symptoms are because there is pressure on the vagal nerve. I find if I alternate between bending over and sitting back against the toilet it helps to take the pressure off a little and alleviates the symptoms but does not get rid of them entirely. This has been happening since I was a child, ( I am 48 now and an registered nurse).. I am lactose intolerant but the symptoms when I deal with that are different. Just grab a cold wet facecloth put it on your forehead and neck, and if you feel faint, lay on the floor with your feet elevated on the toilet.

I've been having this problem since I was about 19 years old. That was 7 years ago. Still don't know the cause. One time I had a seizure and they said it was bc I was dehydrated so I figure that's what it is every time. I'm not sure anymore at this point. The pain in UNBEARABLE ! I've learned how to keep myself from fainting or seizing. I breathe slowly in through my nose and out my mouth but it takes an incredible amount of focus to do so and when the pain reaches its peak I usually lose my composure and welcome the floor to my face.

Why do all of you get on here and brag about this problem? Go to the damn doctor. If that doc cannot help, go to another. Nobody on this #MeTooTurd thread is going to be able to help you.

I’m so glad I found this forum!! I’m 25 y/o and my episodes started late last year. My first episode was so bad. First my hands were itching and swelled up I broke out in hives everywhere including my scalp. Next came the tongue swelling. Then the abdominal pain. So I sat on the toilet. I was in so much pain I fell to the floor and passed out, woke up about 5 min later and went out again. Once I made i bowel movement, I think my stomach felt better but I was still passed out from exhaustion. My best friend called the ambulance and they carried me out in what resembled a body bag. I was kept at the hospital for three days and they found nothing! It happens every once in a while but I wish they could tell me what’s wrong!!!!!!

I'm amazed I thought I was the only one who had these horrible attacks. The pain is so bad I have to lie down on the bathroom floor and then sit on the loo and I have diarrhoea, I feel sick and shaky and cold then hot I feel like I'm going to die. I'm 60 this year and I've had ibs since I was 20, I wouldn't wish it on anybody it's totally ruined my life. I'm gluten and lactose intolerant and also have gerd since I had my gallstones removed.

Look, if a doctor was able to diagnose this, I'd be delighted...but they can't. And frankly I find it a real relief to read that I'm not alone. So, honey, drop the attitude. We're all trying to help each other.

could this be caused by scar tissue from surgeries? seems like the intestines are in a bind.