First time posting. I had the bravo test done in early 2016, had triple ypass in October of that year, carotid stent and leg stent. Yesterday my Dr called telling me the results of a cat scan done last Thur showed I had something in my small bowel. She seemed alarmed when she told me the radiologist asked her if it was possible I had accidentally swallowed a battery!! What! I have some sort of test scheduled for the 14th.ive racked my brain and the only thing I can think of that would remotely be mistaken would be the Bravo device. If I'm correct. It has to have been in there since 2016. Maybe that's why I have all the pain! Can't be positive but what else could it be, my re ote isn't missing any batteries.oh well feel better guys. Oh yeah I didn't have any discomfort during the test

I had the Bravo capsule placed 10 days ago. It has failed to release. I have an appointment in the morning to remove it.

Had the 98hr bravo tests 2 months ago and not one problem.no sore throat ate what i wanted to felt a little tug but no biggie its great if you have the right doctor doing it .

Had the Bravo study in 2016. No mention of any abnormalities or issues. Biopsies were taken in the stomach and throat. Tested negative for h. Pylori. I had severe chest and back pain die in the study and for 2 months afterwards. A year later, I had another endoscopy by a different doctor, because I had begun having swallowing problems after the Bravo study. At that time, it was discovered I had an ulcer, erosion, and severe inflammation/gastritis. Biopsies were taken, and again, no h.Pylori. I was put on Protonix and Zantac. I had another endoscopy this year, and all looks better; however, I still suffer from esophageal spasms every few weeks. I never had this before the Bravo study.

Yes via x-ray

II just had this test last Thursday today it's been a week I had such chest pain aching couldn't eat sleep couldn't do anything then this past Tuesday I was admitted to another hospital in severe pain and they had to go in and remove it but as they had never heard of it they took a pretty big piece of my esophagus with it now I find out I could get esophageal cancer or lot's of other bad stuff if I had known what they were doing I definitely wouldn't have done it they never told me it was going to be on my esophagus I thought it was gonna be in my stomach like a camera I DO NOT recommend this procedure to anyone thanks RJ

I just had this put in today (4/2/2019). It hurt immediately after the procedure but I thought it might be soreness from the endoscopy. After being home several hours, I hurt every time I swallow. I get a wave of pain from the top of my stomach up through my chest. I don't know how I will live like this for a week until it detaches. I am very sorry I did this. I am afraid of asking for removal because I don't want to damage my esophagus. I would NOT recommend this procedure to anyone.

What you are describing is what happened to me in July of this year. Retching, voice loss, unable to swallow, pain in chest- severe. Bravo was still lodged post 5 days visible on xray and had to be removed that afternoon. Recovery post removal has been long, slow and painful. It was a nightmare.

I had the procedure yesterday. Extreme chest pain and spasms. I was never told of the pain. I am taking monitor back tomorrow and if still in pain demanding the capsule be removed. Terrible test!!!

Please verify the danger of the BRAVO capsule and provide data. Otherwise this post is irresponsible and should be removed.

I had endoscopy and colonoscopy done 11/1/2019-when I woke up Dr told me he attached the bravo ph capsule inside my esophagus -he NEVER discussed this with me before hand! This is pure hell! I can't swallow without severe esophageal spasms-i have to eat food that has consistency of mush! I would have never agreed to this procedure especially since I'm high risk with factor V leiden on lifetime regimen of coumidin! I just pray this thing detaches and exits my body without any complications and that I can eat normally again!

Your food. Cut out ALL red 40.

All "food" on tv is garbage. Grow your own fruit and veggies and wild game

Researching myself after having complications of this device.

Thank yoou

_removed_