Hi. Any new information on what's causing this ?

That is one sign of a detached retina. Get it checked as soon as possible.

A good warning to others. My ophthalmologist did an exam of my retinas that lasted an hour !

What did he/she find? Are you OK?

My retinas are fine. I still see light of varying intensity when my eyes are closed. I am making an appointment with a Neuro-ophthalmologist.

Thanks for asking

I am looking for the same answer. When I want to go to sleep, my room is dark, my eyes are closed. Then after my eyes are closed for a bit of time I see a bright light, sometimes its sort of orange, not pure white. It seems to creep around the right side of my right eye and then just hovers there for a while. Sometimes it goes away by itself and sometimes it startles me a little and I open my eyes. I also have something called exploding head syndrome. I actually do hear a loud explosion. Last night it was a strong sudden metallic sound. I hear electronic or static type sounds too. It creeps me out.

It happens to me a lot , it’s a spirit watching over you . Sometimes when we are sick or healing they come more .