Years ago after a difficult breakup of 11 yrs I had horrific acid reflux, so badly that I felt better not eating. I lost over 30lbs..turns out that my fili (sp) in my gut were belt over. I was 300 of zantac twice a day. No matter what i ate, i still lost weight. Eventually my gut did heal, like the gastro doc said it would..i still use zantac when i need it, just loeer doses now. I went to Loyola in was scoped. Stress can really play havoc with your body.

I experienced same pain 3 years ago, went to Doctor several time and I was told I am very healthy and all my Lab work confirmed "supposedly" nothing was wrong. Sadly 10months ago I woke up with numbness on my left toes n fingertips it turn out a big tumor in my brain after surgery a biopsy revealed that I have a NON SMOKING LUNG CANCER METS TO THE BRAIN which explained my back pain. It is unfortunate that Doctor do not order MRI/Scan until there is a obvious sign of severity. I highly recommend to push your doctor for MRI or Scan. I hope this help.

Pinkleylandii23760,

I have the same burning in my back from stress and worry. Do you have any more information since going back to the hospital? I can’t tell what triggers the nerve. Adrenaline? Tight muscles? It’s so frustrating. The cycle continues for me and I wish I could help it to heal. Have you had any success?

Thank you!

Me too. Burning pain in spine area between shoulder blades. Worse as the day goes on. Stress makes it worse too. Did you get any relief or answers?

Health Guru
Hi, it could be shingles as that has similar symptoms and can be made worse with stress.

hello,
Im only 15 years old and I was diagnosed with GERD and a hiatus hernia before the burning in my back started and I think it may just be a coincidence because the pain from the two are much different and I only get the backpain when im in school or sitting in a chair so i think it may have something to do with posture,
BEST OF LUCK

I have the same burning feeling across my upper back/shoulder blades and have been told it is likely to be Acid Reflux. Like others suggest I do not have it in the morning but it seems to build up during the day. the good news (sort of) is that it was much worse 6 weeks ago but I have been taking omeprazole (40mg) and have seen some improvement. I have made some lifestyle changes such as altering what and when i eat and by doing this have lost weight too (7lbs or so). I feel lethargic and tired mot of the time though and his is not great.
Will it ever go completely though or do you just have to live with this?