Can the problem worsen over time? Did you give up tea/coffee except for decaffeinated? I understand there is no cure. Thank you

yes, I do. I was diagnosed early August, 2014.

I've been dealing with this for three months. The only thing that helps is a steroid gel that your doctor can prescribe. It's not meant to go in your mouth so they will advise you to use it sparingly, but it does help so much. Good luck everyone

Suggest you have scope to determine if it is acid re-flux. I have same problem having scope on 10 February as I have tried everything
else.

Hi all I've had GT and BMS for over tens years now and feel your pain ! I believe worrying and using too many mouthwashes peroxide etc can sometimes inflame the problem from personal experience anyway! I have discovered that the patches on my tongue are in line with some of my teeth as if at night I am dragging my teeth over my tongue !!! they line up perfect so please inspect your own I'm going to my dentist to organise a mouth guard you never know ! Hang it there I know it's a sh*t thing to suffer with all the best Brian

I have suffered from this for over 20 years. I read somewhere about gargling with apple cider vinegar. I did this and almost instantly I could see results. It took a few days for everything to go away. Now I'm pretty much free from this horrible symptom. Who would figure a product that's been around for years.i recommend anyone who reads this to check first with their dentist or Doctor. I'm sticking to it.

Dr. Shrub Gupta, MD. Please research what is in apple cider vinegar that helps get rid of GT. It really worked for me. It's a terrible symptom for many people and it really seemed to help me. Mine is gone but if any symptoms come back I just gargle with this and it kills it. I would like to read your comments on this.

I went to Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN to a Dermatologist who said that my dentist who diagnosed my geographic tongue was correct .. normally geographic tongue is NOT painful .. but in 1-2% of the cases it IS painful. That the cause of geographic tongue is not EXACTLY known. This helped me to understand and let go of having to "know" the cause .. what is .. IS!

If you're getting instant relief from baking soda/peroxide toothpaste, I suspect it is the result of the baking soda, not the peroxide. Why? I've been swishing my mouth with peroxide twice a day for six months (for my gums), but developed painful gegraphic tongue a week ago. I intend on trying some baking soda. Maybe the cause of the painful fissures is excessive acid in the mouth. Baking soda would neutralize that acid.

It's a Candida overgrowth. Happens to me. That's why sugar and wheat agitate it - those are foods that feed yeast production. You need a Candida cleanse. I would seek advice from a Naturopathic doctor. You could rinse with 10 drops of grapefruit see extract (GSE) diluted in water twice a day though you probably have it intestinally and should seek treatment. Is the tip of the tongue red and an otherwise white coating ?

Hi my name is Evelyn, I’ve had burning tongue syndrome for 10 years now I’ve tried every medication that’s out there. The only thing that’s work for me that I have been going to for seven years is the Salt-cave‘s. Tha Himalayan salt is the best thing for tongue syndrome !! It’s an antifungal, antibacterial. The 84 natural mineral elements with the salt therapy may boost immune system and reduce chronic fatigue and stress. That causes burning tongue syndrome . I truly hope this works for him God bless him

Have you any newer or more recent discoveries regarding either or both BMS/Geographical Tongue? Also what is the BMS website that you spoke of?

I was speaking to a women that has buring tongue for two years, it was brought on by a root cannel! When she had it removed it took about 6 weel for all the pain to subside! I googled burnibg tongue and root cannels, and low and behold there was nerve damage possibilities! Also with wisdom teeth extractions and Burning tongue!