New Reply New Topic Followed by 14 people

Well this is crazy because I’ve been trying to sort out these same exact symptoms on and off for a couple of years. I’m a 64 year old male and I’ve experienced the shoulder pain and dead arm and numbness all on left side of my body. The only thing different for me is I usually wake up with a very bad head ache that lasts for a couple of hours. I’ve had stress tests, EKGS, etc as well. All my docs can say is heart is good and I have neuropathy and I should take gabipentin for this. It gives some relief but ironically as I set here typing this my left arm is numb. These symptoms are alarming because they are the same as a heart attack but I’ve been experiencing this for over two years. this is odd that no docyors can diagnose this and explain what it is.

To everyone on this board, I've been through this for the past six years. I've had several surgeries to remedy the problem and nothing has helped. I wore a heart monitor for 30 days, lost a 100 pounds I didn't have that to lose etc. no one would check my gallbladder until I had an MRI with neurology. They saw something funny. Long story short all of you need to demand a HIDA scan. It's your gallbladder. They have it in there mind that you have to look a certain way to have gb problems when it's not true. I was only 35. A soccer player my whole life. After my gallbladder was out I had no more severe chest pains, no more intolerance to the cold, no more migraines, nausea was gone, heartburn significantly better. My heart rate even slowed back down.
I just recently was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome it explains the few lingering symptoms I have. I smashed my ac joint in a soccer game long ago. I now wonder after further reading if my TOS caused the gallbladder to go bad. The nerves and blood supply that run through the TO feed the intestines and control the flap at the top of your stomach that keeps food from coming back up.
I hope this helps some of you.
PS. For those of you that mention burping, well that is a tell tale sign of the gallbladder not functioning.
Good luck!

Hi, I have a lot of the same symptoms as your describing. I have like a tight chest feeling (like my lungs are bigger or inflamed), my (only way I can describe it) top half of my upper body feels dense like I can feel my bones more than previous. Ringing in my ears. Dizziness. Fatigued. Sinus issues. I mean I know I've been diagnosed PTSD but this ain't in my head and it feels weird!!! At times panic sets in and I start thinking how the hell can I describe 'THIS!' to my GP? It's really getting to me - if it's psychosomatic? - then why know and why does it feel more physical? I hope I kinda make sense. All the best Jonny Armstrong (UK)

Were you diagnosed with a hiantal hernia?

Ask about a hiatus hernia.

My husband went to the VA ER hospital as he was having numbness in his fingers and went to the palms of his hands~~he had a funny feeling around his mouth~~he has suffered dull headaches~~burping and an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach~~they prescribed meds for acid reflux~~~wonder if that is the norm now for doctors that don't know what is going on in the body~~~he doesn't have symptoms of acid reflux such as burning sensation in the throat~~he does have problems having certain foods getting stuck in his throat such as potatoes. We thought he was having a minor stroke as he has had in the past with the funny feeling around his mouth area~~the EKG showed he had a heart for a 30 year old and he is 75 years old~~all the tests they took came back no problem. Something is wrong with his body !!

Try prilosec I have the same thing

I also am having all the same symptoms in all the posts. Had a numerous amount of testing and no definition as to what is causing the pain which is severe. All cardiac studies are normal. I feel like I am dying Every time I eat this occurs and it is getting worse. I guess I am going to have to stop eating. Desperate for an answer.

Sounds like angina pursue your doctors good luck

Look up costochondritis and acid reflux

Ive had the same issues you report, and have gone to the doctors several times and the er a few times with the numbness , tingling in left arm fingers, and in the face, lightheaded or dizzy. All test results come out normal , it always happens with the days or weeks leading up to requiring tons of tums or antacids. My mri shows some disc deviations which could be pinched nerves. But the one thibg i noticed is i always feel a little better leaving the hospital, and the only difference is saline iv. I have tried taking all my antacids and when i freak out, i drink a big bottle of pedialite slowly. Seems to clear up so far no hospital visits. Antacids absorb a lot of warer from your body. Severe dehydration seems to be my problem, i like morning coffee and evening beer.... Good luck hopefully this helps.